Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Are many people in the US so stupid that they base their votes on crap like this rather than the mammoth issues facing the country....Sans walks away shaking his head in disbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:33 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are many people in the US so stupid that they base their votes on crap like this rather than the mammoth issues facing the country....Sans walks away shaking his head in disbelief.
Yes, there are. Millions of gullible idiots send money to evil bastards like James Dobson, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell[d], et al, in response to hate speech about gay marriage ruining the institution of marriage, etc, and the gullible idiots keep writing those checks and mailing them in. Same for fools who believe it when the NRA sends out fear letters (the guvmint is going to take away all your guns) or the environmentalists send out their fear campaign stuff (you're all going to glow in the dark or you'll die if you drink the water). There seems an all too prevalent aspect of human nature to think fearfully and glom onto whatever hateful things we hear about others, even if there's no truth to it. You never have to prove the allegation, only make the allegation and you've got half of these dim bulbs ready to join your lynch mob.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
C'mon. He picked Palin as his running mate. It's probable he's that stupid.

Almost like he is defiant, arrogant. He really must believe that he is entitled to be president.

He must think we Americans are stupid, to pick Palin, and think we would all be buffaloed over with her.

It backfired.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times
These robocalls are SPOOFED!!!!

Anyone in the world can call anybody and pretend to be the RNC!!!!

SpoofCard - Fake Caller ID, Change Your Voice, Record Calls Spoof Caller ID - SpoofCard.com

SpoofCard - Stories

Those calls are really stupid to be authorized by RNC and McCain/Palin!!!!

McCain said he will run a respectable campaign.

YouTube - McCain Tries to Tame Flames

Old 10-18-2008, 12:49 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
............ And it is being discussed by Harry Reid..

Oh no!!!! Harry Reid??? That cinches it then ... it must be so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Looks like the McCain/Palin campaign really is that stupid, doesn't it?
I have not yet heard/read from a reputable news source that McCain's campaign made calls saying (as posted earlier in this thread) that Obama is a terrorist and responsible for the 9/11 bombings.

It is those allegations (earlier in the thread) to which I was responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
.............. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is even aware of it.. see link above.
"EVEN" Harry Reid is aware of it???? I would guess he'd be one of the first to blow this out of proportion.

(and he was)

Interesting to catch up on this thread today because I see now it's all getting a little tangled up. "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

It was posted yesterday that the calls said that Obama was a terrorist responsible for 9/11. That is a far cry from the actual call (quoted from an article linked within this thread):

"That recording states: "Hello, I'm calling for John McCain and the RNC, because you need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, who's organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans. And Democrats will enact an extreme leftist agenda if they take control of Washington if they take control of Washington. Barack Obama and his Democratic allies lack the judgement to lead our country. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008 and the Republican National Committee." "

And some of you may not like it a whole lot; the truth can be painful. If that's the call everyone is babbling about and so horror-stricken, get over it! It's the truth. Read it carefully .... what in this call upsets you ??? Are you reading more into it than is being said?

I would guess yes.

Talk about a mountain and a molehill!!!! You guys have to try being Republicans for awhile ... you grow a very thick skin.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:52 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Oh no!!!! Harry Reid??? That cinches it then ... it must be so.

I have not yet heard/read from a reputable news source that McCain's campaign made calls saying (as posted earlier in this thread) that Obama is a terrorist and responsible for the 9/11 bombings.

It is those allegations (earlier in the thread) to which I was responding.

"EVEN" Harry Reid is aware of it???? I would guess he'd be one of the first to blow this out of proportion.

(and he was)

Interesting to catch up on this thread today because I see now it's all getting a little tangled up. "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

It was posted yesterday that the calls said that Obama was a terrorist responsible for 9/11. That is a far cry from the actual call (quoted from an article linked within this thread):

"That recording states: "Hello, I'm calling for John McCain and the RNC, because you need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, who's organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans. And Democrats will enact an extreme leftist agenda if they take control of Washington if they take control of Washington. Barack Obama and his Democratic allies lack the judgement to lead our country. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008 and the Republican National Committee." "

And some of you may not like it a whole lot; the truth can be painful. If that's the call everyone is babbling about and so horror-stricken, get over it! It's the truth. Read it carefully .... what in this call upsets you ??? Are you reading more into it than is being said?

I would guess yes.

Talk about a mountain and a molehill!!!! You guys have to try being Republicans for awhile ... you grow a very thick skin.
It is not "the truth." The fact that you think it is exposes your ignorance.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can't wait for the Wright robocalls.

cant wait for the liddy and jesse helms robocalls

Old 10-18-2008, 12:58 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
countelpro of black groups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 01:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Federal Bureau of Investigation - Freedom of Information Privacy Act (http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/weather.htm - broken link)

PolitiFact | Obama served on board with Ayers

Close-up on juvenile justice

“This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who’s a professor of English in Chicago who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from,” Obama said. “He’s not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
“And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values doesn’t make much sense, George.”

Old 10-18-2008, 01:36 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
Have you been asleep for the last couple of years? It is absolutely the truth! You may not like the implication and I can understand that, but it is absolutely the truth.

1. Ayers organized the bombing of the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, etc. And after 9/11 he is known to have said he wished he had done more.

2. Barack Obama has worked closed with Bill Ayers. It is a fact that he began his political career in Ayers' living room. So I think it's safe to say that he knew Ayers' background even though he was "only 8" at the time of the bombings.

3. Barack Obama is a far left Democrat. So it's reasonable to assume that with the Democrats controlling congress, an extreme leftist agenda will take over.

4. By studying Obama's associations over the years (Ayers, Wright, Rezko), one easily reaches the conclusion that Obama at the very least lacks good judgment in his associations. And it's no stretch to assume that if he lacks judgment in that arena, he'll lack the good judgment to lead our country in a time we so desperately need good leadership.

So everything stated in that phone call resonates the truth. Tough to hear, I understand, but still the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections