Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Amazing how obama and the media have spun the narrative that attacking Obama's own words, record and associations is now a scurrilous, dishonorable thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 07:20 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
I've done enough reading to know that things will change dramatically in the U.S. with Obama as Prez and a super majority in both houses of Congress. I've posted some on this board but am no longer interested in discussion with many of the leftist posters.

Obama may have a tax plan and wouldn't raise my taxes since I don't make much. But neither do I have intent to sign up for welfare support. However, with that super majority in Congress, Obama doesn't have to raise taxes. Pelosi will and it will be veto proof. You think the bail out sold the farm, Pelosi's about to give it away.

The negatives of Oba in the Prez are staggering. And there'll be no turning back. I wish all the best of luck and keep the faith. It's going to be a dark nite for at least four years.

I'll continue to look for better results in the election than those the press expects.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I've done enough reading to know that things will change dramatically in the U.S. with Obama as Prez and a super majority in both houses of Congress. I've posted some on this board but am no longer interested in discussion with many of the leftist posters.

Obama may have a tax plan and wouldn't raise my taxes since I don't make much. But neither do I have intent to sign up for welfare support. However, with that super majority in Congress, Obama doesn't have to raise taxes. Pelosi will and it will be veto proof. You think the bail out sold the farm, Pelosi's about to give it away.

The negatives of Oba in the Prez are staggering. And there'll be no turning back. I wish all the best of luck and keep the faith. It's going to be a dark nite for at least four years.

I'll continue to look for better results in the election than those the press expects.
I agree with you. And I don't read or listen to the Old Press or Media any longer: there is little to no impartiality in the reporting. Thank God for the blogosphere and that there are still places where one can find objective reporting.

The race much closer than the MSM will report, in fact that's exactly why there is so much whining and obliviating going on.

McCain-Palin '08

Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
It's HILARIOUS the hysteria that you people resort to. Qualuudes, that is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
Figures a liberal would tell me to use illegal narcotics. That's next under the liberals master plan---legalize the drugs and smoking dope in the oval office probably.
Quaaludes are illega? I don't think so!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I really wander. Ther are enough thigns for the media to explore just from the demcrtic nomination race about Obama. Things just get wrose;and to think a false documant aboiut Bush's mi;litary service got so far. Now that would be nopthing really. Investiagtions of both will be endless ;whoever gets elected. makes you wander why nayone runs for president;or maybe why so many don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections