Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: A poll for those who voted for Bush twice previously - are you voting for McCain or Obama - or none
McCain 47 63.51%
Obama 19 25.68%
Libertarian 5 6.76%
not voting at all 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:53 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,891,235 times

Advertisements

I'm voting independent (Constitution Party), NOT Libertarian. IMO, "Independent" should have been one of the selections, not Libertarian...

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 AM

973 posts, read 2,231,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
I believe in the constitution and my party has abandoned it as "just a piece of paper". I could list a host of things really but that one is the biggest smack in the face.
And the other side is closer to the Constitution? Try a 3rd party candidate that shares the values of our founding fathers, since neither major party has done anything in the last 15+ years that Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, and company would approve of.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:25 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,993,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I voted for Bush twice, and I voted for his father. I even voted for McCain during the primaries but I lost ALL faith in him when he chose Palin as his running mate. He showed me (and the world) that he has poor judgement by making his first big decision such a terrible one.

He claims American First but he really only chose her because he thinks that her being a woman and attractive to the religious conservative right would win over those groups. He DEFINITELY did not pick her because she's the most qualified. Romney and Huckabee are light years ahead of her. I am definitely NOT voting for McCain because he just wants to win instead of wanting to do right with America.
Well said!

McCain picked a running mate that 99% of Americans never heard of, and who have had only EIGHT WEEKS to get to know !!!

How can Americans vote for someone who may end up being THEIR PRESIDENT ... after knowing that person for just EIGHT WEEKS?

And most of that time, Palin has been kept HIDDEN from the public, and not allowed to meet with the press.

It was only during the past few weeks that Palin has begun making public appearances without McCain at her side.

Statistics show that men have a life expectancy of 75, and McCain is 72.

So the chances that Palin may end up assuming the Presidency are definitely possible.

Palin likes to keep reminding us that she is a "hockey mom". How in the world does that help her to be a president? If the United States got into a nuclear confrontaion with North Korea, will being a "hockey mom" help her to make a rational decision?

Or did spending 1 1/2 years as a governor of the tiny population of Alaska give her the ability to deal with a Global Economic Crisis like we have today?

I believe that most Republicans are backing Palin at this time because they have no choice! That is the hand that John McCain has dealt them!

McCain simply picked her because she was a woman, and he hoped Hillary supporters would come to the Republican side. BAD DECISION!

She has NO QUALIFICATIONS ... and was a HORRIBLE CHOICE for a running mate!

Voting for Obama means you are ALSO getting a highly qualified Vice President who could immediately step in and serve as president on DAY ONE if needed.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:51 AM

973 posts, read 2,231,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Those statistics work when viewed at 100,000 people who are currently under the age of 50. However, actuaries (those who are paid professionals and the best at managing risks of age in the insurance industry) have stated that McCain's life expectancy is considerably higher than 75 because he's already lived to 72 and is in very good health. Melanoma is deadly when not caught early, but if elected, McCain will likely be the most continuously checked person in history to prevent a reoccurance and spread of the disease.

As many actuaries have already stated, it is highly likely that McCain will live just fine thoughout his first term, and he could be re-evaluated in 2012. I don't agree with most of Palin's views, but I'm not concerned about her running the country if something were to happen to McCain since she can't create laws without the Democrat-majority Congress first passing a bill.

I find it interesting that no one really mentions Obama's smoking habits, considering thousands of smokers have died in thier 40's from lung, throat, and mouth cancers.. all quite common and deadly forms of cancer.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,817,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Well said!

McCain picked a running mate that 99% of Americans never heard of, and who have had only EIGHT WEEKS to get to know !!!

How can Americans vote for someone who may end up being THEIR PRESIDENT ... after knowing that person for just EIGHT WEEKS?

And most of that time, Palin has been kept HIDDEN from the public, and not allowed to meet with the press.

It was only during the past few weeks that Palin has begun making public appearances without McCain at her side.

So the chances that Palin may end up assuming the Presidency are definitely possible.

Palin likes to keep reminding us that she is a "hockey mom". How in the world does that help her to be a president? If the United States got into a nuclear confrontaion with North Korea, will being a "hockey mom" help her to make a rational decision?

Or did spending 1 1/2 years as a governor of the tiny population of Alaska give her the ability to deal with a Global Economic Crisis like we have today?

I believe that most Republicans are backing Palin at this time because they have no choice! That is the hand that John McCain has dealt them!

McCain simply picked her because she was a woman, and he hoped Hillary supporters would come to the Republican side. BAD DECISION!

She has NO QUALIFICATIONS ... and was a HORRIBLE CHOICE for a running mate!

Voting for Obama means you are ALSO getting a highly qualified Vice President who could immediately step in and serve as president on DAY ONE if needed.
Now Palin is dissing McCain, and positioning herself for what she thinks is a run for president in 2012. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections