Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, you DO realise you are saying members of the military are dim right???

Good to know how you think....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 09:46 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Hmmm, you DO realise you are saying members of the military are dim right???

Good to know how you think....
No dimmer than the general American populace. Nice trap, not.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Considering these military men and women might DIE for their country (and signed up voluntarily), the LEAST we can do is foot the bill for their education and living expenses.
Correct! This has been part of the bonus of signing up in the military. Sad to say that most of our youth that join go in for service to their country, trust and faith in their country, experience and the ability to go to college at the end of their service or during. My father was able to attend the university after NAM and he was grateful that at least one good thing came out of that war. At this time soldiers are having to jump through hoops to get what they were promised and this should not be an issue! A promise is a promise for the possibility of one laying their lives on the line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Sometimes people are just too dim to realize that they are supporting someone who's screwing them. Look at all the middle class Bush supporters.
I will agree and disagree Kramer. Alot of enlisted at this time do not support this war and never did but did not have a choice an order is an order, one cannot call up "Uncle Sam" and state, "Hey Sam, I am ging to sit this one out because it is a sham" that is a good way to get a dishonorable discharge.
As far as followers and Middle class "McCain' supporters? I agree! All one needs o do is sit back and watch the show. McCain is a hot headed war monger, he could not even be civil when metting foreign leaders, lost his cool and mumbled something "Not needing to listen to this ****?" Is this the type of diplomacy we need or want? Being assertive and addressing issues is one thing but McCain has shown the inability to control his anger, all one had to do to confirm this was to watch the last debate! The look of loathing on his face was apparent, if scowls could kill BO would have died that night. He has not even discussed his mortgage plan one time, he has a crappy health plan as I have stated in other threads! Ugggggg. Wake up folks!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
Hummm....

I don't hate him.....Why would I?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Hummm....

I don't hate him.....Why would I?
Well if you get injured and need help at the VA hospital, or want to utilize VA benefits, at that point you might start to dislike him.

McCain Sells Out Vets

Newsvine - McCain Voted Against VA Benefits & Lied
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections