Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:38 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times

Advertisements

most who think will vote independent. this election will change nothing. life will go on as usual. the only change I see is the embarrassing number of people voting for neither candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Agree with Pirate Girl. . . this WILL be a "nation-changing" election. There are still the (unfortunatly many) unthinking and uninformed voters out there who will support the Republican candidate, no matter what; but most of us ARE smarter than that!

Obama / Biden '08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:41 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Well, I am a registered Democrat who will be voting for McCain, I am certain there are many others.
Also, isn't it illegal to tabulate and release voting results prior to election day?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Those aren't results, they're just the party affilations of voters, not who they voted for.

I'm not sure if the Democrats are frothing at the mouths as much as voting on the weekend because its much more convenient that having to vote on a Tuesday night. Who wants to come home after a long day at work, make dinner, clean up, and then have to go back out again and wait in line for an hour?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:58 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
I love how you ignore the real story here. 100,000 people voting "none of the above."
And who is None of the Above's running mate? If None of the Above wins, will he be called President None of the Above?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
it's called a protest vote, and is what happens when you are given such horrible options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
And who is None of the Above's running mate? If None of the Above wins, will he be called President None of the Above?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Well, I am a registered Democrat who will be voting for McCain, I am certain there are many others.
Also, isn't it illegal to tabulate and release voting results prior to election day?
Predictions are not results. I, for one, will not say unkind things to or about you for thinking and believeing differently than I do, but I do hope that if our next president is Obama, that you will be open-minded enough to see what happens before predicting the downfall of the American Way!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I, for one, will not say unkind things to or about you for thinking and believeing differently than I do
You just called us McCain voters uninformed and unintelligent a few posts back....

Old 10-22-2008, 10:20 AM

10,068 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Early voting started last thursday and as of today 543,004 people have voted early so far. 306,493 of them were democrats and 147,276 were republicans. These numbers are very frightening for the McCain campaign because there are not just poll numbers, these are actual votes! and so far Obama leads the Tarheel State in actual votes by a big margin! If this is any indication for November 4th, North Carolina will go blue for the first time since 1976. If North Carolina goes blue, you know Virginia will go blue. Obama already leads by 10 points in Virginia and it will go blue for the first time since 1964.

New blues for North Carolina's GOP - Washington Post - MSNBC.com
NICE!!! Let's hope the Democrats come out in full force. If they do, Obama is locked in to win North Carolina!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
You just called us McCain voters uninformed and unintelligent a few posts back....
do you doubt that some republican voters (and no doubt, some democratic voters, as well) are both uninformed and / or unintelligent? I just had a discussion with a co-worker, this morning, who told me that, he doesn't follow news sources, but is convinced that Ms. Palin is just as competent to lead our country as Mr. Obama is! For me, this is "mind boggleing undereducation". . . . Mr Obama is an expert in constitutional law, Ms. Palin does not know what the job of the V.P. is!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think that this is horrible news for obama. his supporters are very cult like and excitable. they couldn't wait to get out and vote. mccain doesn't have any excitement to his campaign. if a 2 to 1 margin is all obama can do as of now, I think he's going to be in trouble. at least in this state. what I like about the numbers you posted, is that almost 100,000 people voted for neither candidate. people in NC are making a statement that these two candidates are horrible. eventually washington will learn.
FWIW, did you see the news story last night how Wake County will likely decide which way NC goes? That is good news for Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections