Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:42 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

It's amazing that Falwell can say that we had 9/11 coming to us because of tolerating gays, feminists and liberals and he's standing up for Christian America, but if anyone says that we had 9/11 coming to us because of backlash from misguided Middle East policies you're a terrorist sympathizer who hates Jesus and kicks puppies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 01:49 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Thank you.
That is exactly what I thought you would say.
Yup. I don't respond well to controlling personalities.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
The Republican party has been split into JesusHuggers and a Libertarian-like minority (less government spending, more personal freedom, more states rights, etc). The Religious Right is ruining this country, and continues to do so.
In order for the Republicans to be successful in the future, the fiscal-conservatives have to take back the party and restore it back to health.
I could not have said it better myself, although I did basically convey this sentiment to a few friends of mine just this morning.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:12 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Thank you.
That is exactly what I thought you would say.

Crystal ball, Tarot, or tea leaves ?

Old 10-22-2008, 02:49 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I am of the opinion that we are beginning to witness the more traditional conservatives taking back the GOP right now. This tossing of moderate Republicans and even traditional social conservatives under the bus is the start of realizing this.

I'd love nothing more than to see some return of other traditional Christian right views and issues such as poverty, care of the elderly and family issues in general get address in a more comprehensive manner. Abortion and gay marriage mantra has been beat to death and neither issue was entirely addressed by the pseudo conservatives.

If anything, I hope the more radical elements of this dying movement stand up to be counted, so tomorrow they can become a foot note in history.

I think America would benefit a great deal from a more traditional brand of conservatism as a few others here have described. They seem far more legitimate and balanced than the twisted version it morphed into.
I'm a gay atheist who registered Republican and has only cast votes for local Republicans and Ron Paul. And I agree 100% with the bold part of your statement. True Christian values have a place in our society. Love one another, turn the other cheek, etc and such as.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:53 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I'm a gay atheist who registered Republican and has only cast votes for local Republicans and Ron Paul. And I agree 100% with the bold part of your statement. True Christian values have a place in our society. Love one another, turn the other cheek, etc and such as.
Look at many Eastern religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc) and they profess similar values too. I doubt almost any religion will not agree with the above values.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Look at many Eastern religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc) and they profess similar values too. I doubt almost any religion will not agree with the above values.
I prefer the dao. If I ever fully understand it, I'll start over because I have missed the point.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
How is the religious right ruining the country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
See: Bush Administration, Last 8 years.
You couldnt come up with an intelligent answer?

Old 10-22-2008, 02:59 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I prefer the dao. If I ever fully understand it, I'll start over because I have missed the point.
I did get your point but wanted to point out that many of these "Chiristian" values are almost universal.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:02 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You couldnt come up with an intelligent answer?

Bush's lack of intelligence isn't seattle's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections