Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times

Advertisements

like Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber.

I am sure some hard questions could be asked on the southside of Chicago, much like they ask in Wasilla.

I am sure that if poor Joe the Plumber could delete the day that Obama walked into his neighborhood, he would.

Aren't the media terribly diligent only where they wish to be diligent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 09:13 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,192 times
If Obama were scrutinized by the media he wouldn't have made it past the primaries.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,281,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post

I am sure some hard questions could be asked on the southside of Chicago, much like they ask in Wasilla.

I am sure that if poor Joe the Plumber could delete the day that Obama walked into his neighborhood, he would.

We know plenty about Obama. They don't touch some things on either side, like the AIP thing with Palin and the Keating Five with McCain. everyone has blindspots in their past. They cover what voters believe is important, and most people think that it is the issues. They looked up Obama's relationship with Ayers and have shown multiple stories about Obama's past. I feel I know him pretty well. I think that many republicans think they have little substanitive points to go on, so they look to the media for some muckraking to help them out. I don't think you're gonna get it.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:

He would not even be a senator long.
He could never hold up under it weight, he would wilt like the
whimp he is.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:07 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
He would not even be a senator long.
He could never hold up under it weight, he would wilt like the
whimp he is.
I can't wait to see you eat these words.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:07 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
He's already been scruitinized by the media. They've figure out that most of the accusations are nothing more than right wing rhetoric and racist hate.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:39 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
No--they have "figured out" nothing of the sort. The media has simply ignored the truth and are re-writing the facts to suit them.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:

I don't know what your media sources are, but from what I have seen, since about February of this year, on every network channel as well as hard copy and the internet, Obama has received some of the most thorough scrutiny I've ever seen. He's been YouTubed, Foxed, analyzed ad infinitum on myriad blogs--and gone up against the Clinton machine.
Certainly we have seen the occasional tarnish and the equivocation here and there.
But as pirate girl says, most of the accusations have been groundless.
Even Bill O' Reilly, a diligent conservative commentator if there ever was one, interviewed Obama and showed respect for the man.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 AM

307 posts, read 715,629 times
He has been scrutinized by the media, every politician running for an office like this is, I think you all are crazy if you think he hasn't been because he has for the past 20 months. A lot of the crazy stuff you are bringing up now less than two weeks from the election was brought up a year ago but you probably weren't paying much attention back then.

Like someone else posted why haven't they scrutinized John McCain and the Keating five scandal or Sarah Palin's AIP connections? I mean those have not recieved much media time and I am very interested in those connections.

Also, Sarah Palin only came on the scene less than two months ago, is it really so UNFAIR to you all to scrutinize someone you know nothing about? Do you think if Obama just showed up two months ago to run for pres you wouldn't have any questions or want to know anything about him? Or is the VP role just not important to you?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:48 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:

Is it "the media" or is it your selective attention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections