Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:25 AM

36,664 posts, read 67,596,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has indicated over the years that she is even more liberal than Barrack Obama.
Good for her.

Quote:
Since the only thing that has kept this lunatic from our collective wallets is a Republican President,
You keep ignoring the fact that GEORGE W BUSH DROVE US INTO THE WORST DEBT SINCE RONALD REAGAN. REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS AS OF LATE HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST SPENDERS DC HAS EVER KNOWN.

Quote:
Should Sen. McCain spend the balance of his campaign running against this most liberal of left wing nut cases?
He's has no time because he's too busy catering to the fascist neo con scumbags and greedy corporations that back him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
well, my friend, talk about manipulation? I think the last 8 years of dubya have been a roust. dubya and his administration, have spoonfed America with virtually constant lies and deceipt. I don't know about anyone else in the room, but I'm ready for a change, any type of change. like you, I'm fed up with lies too. it's a shame that all we have is the two party system in some states, like new mexico, because I'd sure vote independent if I could.

There is never an Independent running that has any sense
I am sick of Bush as well, I just will not bite the bullet that mccain will be like him
personally, I want someone that will stand up to their own party and kick some butt, that puts what needs to be done over a vote.
That is one of the things I respect John Mccain for, he has laid his career on the line more than once.
Obama?
Nope.
Gov Palin has also stood up to her party, that takes balls.
I want to see something happen to this congress that will get their attention, that we the people are serious.
Keeping them in office will scare them into acting right?? yeah, that should do it.
I remember being so excited when the dems toolk over and they stood there and high-fived and said a "new sheriff is in town"
What have they done, not a damned thing.
I say clean HOUSE and KICK them out.
Who's fault is it???
THE VOTERS!
We have let them scam us and do squat about it.
It has been on both sides of the aslie.
I will not sell out, I will not shut up
I will not give in.
The DNC told me to GET IN LINE and vote the way they say.
I say to them
STICK IT UP YOUR ASS

Old 10-23-2008, 07:40 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,327,109 times
well, you sound very bitter, which makes me think you're struggling to get by. I think most Americans are wondering what is going on, and hoping that the future is going to get better, not worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
There is never an Independent running that has any sense
I am sick of Bush as well, I just will not bite the bullet that mccain will be like him
personally, I want someone that will stand up to their own party and kick some butt, that puts what needs to be done over a vote.
That is one of the things I respect John Mccain for, he has laid his career on the line more than once.
Obama?
Nope.
Gov Palin has also stood up to her party, that takes balls.
I want to see something happen to this congress that will get their attention, that we the people are serious.
Keeping them in office will scare them into acting right?? yeah, that should do it.
I remember being so excited when the dems toolk over and they stood there and high-fived and said a "new sheriff is in town"
What have they done, not a damned thing.
I say clean HOUSE and KICK them out.
Who's fault is it???
THE VOTERS!
We have let them scam us and do squat about it.
It has been on both sides of the aslie.
I will not sell out, I will not shut up
I will not give in.
The DNC told me to GET IN LINE and vote the way they say.
I say to them
STICK IT UP YOUR ASS

Old 10-23-2008, 07:45 AM

36,664 posts, read 67,596,324 times
Quote:
Over a vote? McCain is spreading fear and lies to get votes. Your bitterness has blinded you to reality.

Quote:
STICK IT UP YOUR ASS
You need to take the stick out of yours.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Over a vote? McCain is spreading fear and lies to get votes. Your bitterness has blinded you to reality.

You need to take the stick out of yours.

I guess you missed Biden's lovey message on the peace we will all have if Obama is elected?
give me a break

Old 10-23-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
well, you sound very bitter, which makes me think you're struggling to get by. I think most Americans are wondering what is going on, and hoping that the future is going to get better, not worse.

You know what, it makes me angry when I look at my own party
and it is okay, if you have a problem with it, then that is fine with me.
Why is it that when someone is angry with the dems, we are "bitter"
but I have yet to hear a dem that is angry at Bush be told the same thing.
I think if we are told:
"you sound bitter" we will back down because that is supposed to shut us up.
Well my skin is a little thicker than that.
Being angry is a positive thing, it leads to action if used correctly.
My action is speaking how I feel and using my vote.
Nice to have chatted with you, have a great day

Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 AM

Ouch! I guess you've told me off!
Quote:
You know what, it makes me angry when I look at my own party
and it is okay, if you have a problem with it, then that is fine with me.
Why is it that when someone is angry with the dems, we are "bitter"
but I have yet to hear a dem that is angry at Bush be told the same thing.
I think if we are told:
"you sound bitter" we will back down because that is supposed to shut us up.
Well my skin is a little thicker than that.
Being angry is a positive thing, it leads to action if used correctly.
My action is speaking how I feel and using my vote.
Nice to have chatted with you, have a great day

Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 AM

355 posts, read 555,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Nancy Pelosi: Increased Oil Drilling Is A Hoax - Say Anything

that would be bad news for america, indeed, since pelosi thinks that oil drilling is a hoax. there is an interesting chart at this site on her blaming republicans for the increase in gas prices, yet it is clear from looking at the chart that gas prices spiraled out of control during the reign of the democratic congress!
Reign? The number is 51% dem to 49% rep. Dems didn't have enough numbers to get past the veto pen.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 AM

5,478 posts, read 12,255,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Nancy Pelosi: Increased Oil Drilling Is A Hoax - Say Anything

that would be bad news for america, indeed, since pelosi thinks that oil drilling is a hoax. there is an interesting chart at this site on her blaming republicans for the increase in gas prices, yet it is clear from looking at the chart that gas prices spiraled out of control during the reign of the democratic congress!
Yeah....alot of things happened during the dem congress but dems don't admit to much. Anytime you call them on the carpet, say in this thread, they want links and proof. When you give them that, it isn't good enough, the source is botched, etc., it's always something. If they give you questionable links then somehow you're an idiot for not seeing it their way. And we all know the mainstream press is licking liberal butt, so what does that mean? Means that all their links are "credible" and all yours are not. And if they are, again, they find some other way to debunk your assertion. As if CNN (Communist News Network) or the likes is soooo unbiased. At least when the Russians were under Communist rule, they KNEW they were being fed propaganda!

I'm sick of the leftist media and I'm sick of the GOP whackos. I wish there were a viable 3rd party. I think alot of people do.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM

Pat Paulsen for President — He’s back, and still better than all the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Yeah....alot of things happened during the dem congress but dems don't admit to much. Anytime you call them on the carpet, say in this thread, they want links and proof. When you give them that, it isn't good enough, the source is botched, etc., it's always something. If they give you questionable links then somehow you're an idiot for not seeing it their way. And we all know the mainstream press is licking liberal butt, so what does that mean? Means that all their links are "credible" and all yours are not. And if they are, again, they find some other way to debunk your assertion. As if CNN (Communist News Network) or the likes is soooo unbiased. At least when the Russians were under Communist rule, they KNEW they were being fed propaganda!

I'm sick of the leftist media and I'm sick of the GOP whackos. I wish there were a viable 3rd party. I think alot of people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections