Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
McCain will win. The Dems internal polling in Pennsylvania, for example only have Obama up by 2%. That is why McCain is hammering PA away. If you add Obama calling people in PAS "bitter people clinging to guns and religion" and you add Dem Congressman Jack Murtha saying Western Pennsylvanians are "Rednecks" and "racist bigots"... you have a chance for MAC!

Obama has over-polled EVERY SINGLE TIME in this election, from New Hampshire to Kentucky primaries. You cannot rely on the liberal news polls.

I also remember one thing - the media and all the polls said that Dewey was going to smash Truman in the election and thus, it caused massive Rep turnout to stay home, as they figure Deweyw as a shoe-in.

WE all know how that's turned out.

VOTE GOP FRIENDS AND SMART DEMOCRATS! LET'S DEFEAT ISLAMIC-SYMPATHIZER, OBAMA! Obama!!

Washington Times - HYMAN: Obama's Kenya ghosts
Every single time? Even North Carolina where Hillary thought for sure they had won that evening and ended up losing big? Remember that little time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 01:42 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
The problem with Joe the Plumber is he lied about what he's currently able to do. For god's sake, he's not even a plumber. And he was not in negotiations to purchase that business. And he is a deadbeat with regard to paying taxes.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:42 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
In parts of Pennsylvania I am convinced people are afraid to say they are going to vote for Obama. I am more then convinced.
Are Amish people considered Racist Redneck's ?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right
A great lead on the IBD poll that has Obama up by only one. It is from FiveThirtyEight and you know they are highly thought of.
FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right
That's right ... IBD/TIPP has John McCain ahead 74-22 among 18-24 year olds. Who knew the kids were groovin' on J-Mac these days?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:45 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Every friggin poll has Obama winning right now. Its not just the "liberal news" ones. Even Faux news polls have Obama winning.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Are Amish people considered Racist Redneck's ?
I went to college in Amish country and I never mentioned Amish in my post, did I? I never mentioned any particular sections of Pennsylvania. So now how familiar are you with Amish? How familiar are you with being able to read my mind. Yes Amish are not the most liberal members of American society.
Nor did I use the words Racist Rednecks

Thus once again independent readers you can see how the McCainintes will take anything and twist it to create controversy to once again divide and conquer. The choice is yours and from the polls you are making your thoughts known.
Yes we Can

Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I went to college in Amish country and I never mentioned Amish in my post, did I? I never mentioned any particular sections of Pennsylvania. So now how familiar are you with Amish? How familiar are you with being able to read my mind. Yes Amish are not the most liberal members of American society.
ACh ****e naw, we not be wantin no English to win!!!! Kutztown? Or somewhere in Lancaster? Throw the cow over the fence some hay naw!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
ACh ****e naw, we not be wantin no English to win!!!! Kutztown? Or somewhere in Lancaster? Throw the cow over the fence some hay naw!
I wish I could hear you pronounce Lancaster so I could tell if you knew your stuff or not

Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
I agree with batrice... I think the polls are wrong. A lot of people will be surprised come election day.
Are all the polls wrong, or just some of them?

Pollster.com: 2008 National Presidential General Election:McCain vs Obama

Old 10-23-2008, 01:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batrice View Post
When you grow up in a Democratic family with mostly Democratic friends, and you see more than half of those people telling you they are going to vote McCain, then you know the polls are wrong. Especially when you know those same people would never admit to an outsider who they are really going to vote for. Two Obama campaigners came by my house, and I told them they were wasting their time. I’m a McCain Democrat. Several family members told me I should have just told them what they wanted to hear, to “avoid trouble.” There is real fear of the Obama thugs in my neighborhood. No wonder some Democrats are afraid to open their mouths.
Could you define a "McCain Democrat"? This is a mystifying concept to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections