Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

I'm sure all those that have donated to the McCain campaign are happy to know that their money is being used so wisely. After all, doesn't every average hockey mom have a 45,000 a month makeup artist?

Quote:
Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone
, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period.
Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm sure all those that have donated to the McCain campaign are happy to know that their money is being used so wisely. After all, doesn't every average hockey mom have a 45,000 a month makeup artist?
What, she didn't hire Josephine-the-Avon Lady?

Kinda explains a lot that her highest paid employee does makeup, not someone to coach her on domestic policies, international affairs, or even the basics such as "what does a VP do"?

Old 10-24-2008, 10:12 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Talk about lipstick on a pig

Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 AM

574 posts, read 1,209,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
What, she didn't hire Josephine-the-Avon Lady?

Kinda explains a lot that her highest paid employee does makeup, not someone to coach her on domestic policies, international affairs, or even the basics such as "what does a VP do"?
Theoretically I'd like to vote based on important issues, but there's just something about an expensive pair of pumps that gets to me every time.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
so you are concerned with how someone is spending their campaign money? his money, his business. if you care about the environment, you should be more concerned with how your candidate is spending his. he's sent about 30 trees to my house.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
Theoretically I'd like to vote based on important issues, but there's just something about an expensive pair of pumps that gets to me every time.
LOL--I think th pumps were an effort to snag that all important "Sex In The City" fan club vote.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post

Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com
Funny? If she's so "pretty" why does she need all that makeup????
How ELITE!

I can see where McCain NEEDS his $5,000.00 worth of makeup....just to make him look like he's breathing....

Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
I hear the lipstick bills rival the budget deficit.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so you are concerned with how someone is spending their campaign money? his money, his business.
Wasn't there a bill by John McCain that was against spending campaign money like this?

Quote:
if you care about the environment, you should be more concerned with how your candidate is spending his. he's sent about 30 trees to my house.
i'm sure you recycle. on the flip side, you can't recylce $50,000 worth of makeup on one's face.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Wasn't there a bill by John McCain that was against spending campaign money like this.....
Yes, one of JM's old campaign finance reform efforts made specific mention that campaign funds should NOT cover clothing, it even mentions tuxedo's as a type of item that should be excluded.

I think that was 1993, probably after the Clinton victory and he wanted to screw the DEMs, aka, "reach across the aisle" as he calls it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections