Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
If the dog was poisoned over politics, that's really sad. Personally, I think there are a lot of conclusions being jumped to here. It's one thing to speculate, and it's another to have proof. This is the kind of thing that just inflames people. If I read this right, the owners don't even know for sure if what they found in the bag was poisoned, or even if the dog really ate what was in the bag. I feel sorry for them, don't get me wrong, but the dog obviously wasn't being watched outside and therefore could've gotten into anything. Maybe the meat was just rotten and the dog died from that.
Ellie, thanks for your well thought out and reasonable comments. More Obama supporters should be like you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 01:24 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Who knows? It's sad and wrong, but it seems, there's not enough proof and just a guess, on the owners part, to say that it was politically motivated.
I didn't read the article, admittedly, did the family get threats over Obama, before this happened?
If so, then it makes it more likely, but still, not enough to actively prosecute someone.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
So your pathetic attempt to justify this behavior is to say, "Well someone somewhere else who may be democratic has done the same thing, maybe, could be"

Replies that justify bad behavior because someone else did it somewhere else just make me think , where have we gone wrong.
No, it's my pathetic attempt to say that these people don't even know it had anything to do with their yard sign but drama-loving liberals like yourself are jumping all over, saying, "Oh, it had to be a McCain supporter!" The media disgusts me.

What I'm saying is that there has been plenty of bad behavior on both sides, but instead of trying to incite craziness, how about you confirm the facts and work from a basis of reality?

Old 10-26-2008, 01:55 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, it's my pathetic attempt to say that these people don't even know it had anything to do with their yard sign but drama-loving liberals like yourself are jumping all over, saying, "Oh, it had to be a McCain supporter!" The media disgusts me.

What I'm saying is that there has been plenty of bad behavior on both sides, but instead of trying to incite craziness, how about you confirm the facts and work from a basis of reality?
Drama loving liberals huh? Hey, that's one I hadn't heard yet! But I need to ask, have you looked around these boards yet to see who exactly is being dramatic?

To attempt to break down exactly whether or not the signs had anything to do with the dogs will be up to the police. I do think the coincidence (they put the signs up the night before) and the fact that the dogs have not been complained about prior to this, would point to the signs. But maybe you're right. (pardon the pun).

I highly doubt however, that if this had happened to a right winged poster, that there wouldn't have been a flaming and hostile reaction towards the democrats.

So far they've come up with everything from Obama being Muslim to Obama being an alien from another planet, to Obama hypnotizing people. And you are honestly going to blame this on drama loving liberals?

Uh yeah.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
key word "thinks"!!!! proof please!!

Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I agree with janeannwho and Ellie C. Just as some people have complained about vandalism to their homes, yards, etc because of McCain signs, and that girl in Pittsburgh who cooked up that hoax about a robbery and mutilation for being a McCain supporter, this probably had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with someone being a bit unbalanced.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The linked article makes it pretty clear.
Acutually it doesnt, it makes it clear that they ASSUME it was due to signs.

they believe someone intentionally took him away. They believe it's all because they put out campaign signs supporting Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Just look around this forum. The depth of irrational hatred directed against Obama here is a microcosm of our society.
Really? There isnt ONE shred of evidence that this is true and we've gone off into some tangent about people on these threads..

Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal Force View Post
It shows how desperate the republicans are, .
Actually it doesnt, it shows how some people do need to return to a dictionary to lookup words like "believe"..

The hatred is truly remarkable, odd it seems its always the uneducated showing off the hatred.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:35 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
I thought McCain/Palin supporters were Pro-life?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:52 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
The article states that there have been no complaints about the dog.
Actually the article states that the family said there have been no complaints. I wonder if the reporter that wrote this checked with the neighbors or the city to see if there were actually any complaints about the dog.
Quote:
The Neulings moved to Lubbock this summer, and they say they've never had any complaints from their neighbors about their dogs.
One of their neighbors might be afraid of confrontation so never said anything, but got tired of their dog barking or whatever and poisoned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
If the dog was poisoned over politics, that's really sad. Personally, I think there are a lot of conclusions being jumped to here. It's one thing to speculate, and it's another to have proof. This is the kind of thing that just inflames people. If I read this right, the owners don't even know for sure if what they found in the bag was poisoned, or even if the dog really ate what was in the bag. I feel sorry for them, don't get me wrong, but the dog obviously wasn't being watched outside and therefore could've gotten into anything. Maybe the meat was just rotten and the dog died from that.
Bravo. Wonderfully stated. I agree 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections