Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

I know that many of you have been working hard for change and the election of President Obama. I have too which is why I have not been here as much as in the past. We have made hours of phone calls and went door to door- even Wednesday in the cold rain- to get out the vote.
Our efforts seem to be paying off according to the polls. We are ahead from anywhere between 2 and 13 points in the national polls and the state by state polls look good too.
BUT do NOT slack off now! We cannot assume anything. Remember that Tom Bradley was 14 points ahead when he ran for Gov of Calif and he lost. That is why they call underpolling "the Bradley effect" and we probably have some Bradley effect here too although I hope, as a nation, we have moved beyond that.
This week all of us need to work harder than ever!! Many states including mine have early voting now and we need to get as many of our people to the polls this week as we can! And if you have not put in for a vacation day on Nov 4th, please do so now to help out that day.
And you might want to put a vacation day in for the 5th too because election night is going to be long and we probably will not know for sure that we have won until the polls in Nevada and New Mexico close. And, while we will spend the day working hard, hopefully we will spend the night celebrating the beginning of a new America rising from the ashes of the Republican disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 07:34 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I know that many of you have been working hard for change and the election of President Obama. I have too which is why I have not been here as much as in the past. We have made hours of phone calls and went door to door- even Wednesday in the cold rain- to get out the vote.
Our efforts seem to be paying off according to the polls. We are ahead from anywhere between 2 and 13 points in the national polls and the state by state polls look good too.
BUT do NOT slack off now! We cannot assume anything. Remember that Tom Bradley was 14 points ahead when he ran for Gov of Calif and he lost. That is why they call underpolling "the Bradley effect" and we probably have some Bradley effect here too although I hope, as a nation, we have moved beyond that.
This week all of us need to work harder than ever!! Many states including mine have early voting now and we need to get as many of our people to the polls this week as we can! And if you have not put in for a vacation day on Nov 4th, please do so now to help out that day.
And you might want to put a vacation day in for the 5th too because election night is going to be long and we probably will not know for sure that we have won until the polls in Nevada and New Mexico close. And, while we will spend the day working hard, hopefully we will spend the night celebrating the beginning of a new America rising from the ashes of the Republican disaster.
This is my first post of the morning...thank you for writing something so inspirational to get my day moving in the right direction! I'm heading out door to door this afternoon...Go Obama!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:44 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,426,738 times
You are so right - we cannot drop the ball! I, too, was at our local campaign headquarters yesterday making phone calls.

OBAMA/BIDEN 2008

Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,009 times
Default McCain/Palin 2008 for a safe Change

Its time to get the vote out! Stop the obama mania! Its a fact obama is not ready to lead. I'm sure obama is closer to the terrorists then we hear through the media. Bill ayers is still around as is Rev. wright. Fear obama, he will crush America's future.

We can still pull this out.

Vote --McCain/Palin 2008

Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,426,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Fear obama, he will crush America's future
Have no fear my fellow Americans - Obama IS our future!!!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:04 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,258 times
Obama is the only HOPE for our future as a successful America.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:07 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,735 times
Quote:
Its time to get the vote out! Stop the obama mania! Its a fact obama is not ready to lead. I'm sure obama is closer to the terrorists then we hear through the media. Bill ayers is still around as is Rev. wright. Fear obama, he will crush America's future.
Go talk to your guy about Rod Parsley and Gordon Liddy.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 AM

873 posts, read 1,589,000 times
Great post Kev and I agree. Let's not let the ball drop now.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,788 times
Yes! We must continue to work for Senator Obama, right up to November 4th! The future of America is looking good, aside from the most conservative of he Republican Base, few seem really "excited" about McCain. . . Many many well known conservative individuals and news sources are endorsing Senator McCain, but it is in our best interst to be aware that we still have more than a week left in this electoral race, and that our efforts to "get out the vote", and to continue to talk to those who may still be undecided! WE CAN win, this time, and we will win, but it will be much better for our country if we can and do WIN WITH A LANDSLIDE. We will be making a major statement to our fellow citizens and to the world in general, and telling them we are now committed to a responsible governement!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:24 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,439 times
The American citizens have 2 months and 1 week to enjoy their freedom to choose.
After that, OBAMA will MAKE the CHOICES for them!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections