Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Nope. dead against the bail out caused by the dems, Reid, Pelosi, Shumer, Dodd and Barney Rubble.

Head in the sand, to put it mildly! Good luck to you and your reality distortion field under Dem rule!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 AM

615 posts, read 1,172,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I read this four times and can still not extract a coherent thought.

I would be willing to pay more in taxes so that my children do not end up with such woeful English proficiency.
No you will pay more taxes to put into the Dems pockets.
THey can careless abouty the middle class.
It's all an act!
Boy do they have you all fooled!

Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balco9 View Post
That is bull****, everyone will see atax increases under Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Wait and see.
That may be so. The same can be said for McCain, so don't kid yourself. Neither of their plans are written in stone. We all know that. But the initial point of this thread, before it went off into paranoia land as every other thread eventually does, is that Obama changed the #s as to who would receive a tax increase/decrease from his initial proposal.

That is not true, so everyone can calm down. Tax increase will be seen for INDIVIDUALS making over $200,000 and FAMILIES making over $250,000.

Tax decreases for WORKING people making less than that.

As far as I'm aware, that is exactly what he has been saying all along.

OK, you can continue with your end of the world scenarios now

Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times
Quote:
No you will pay more taxes to put into the Dems pockets.
THey can careless abouty the middle class.
It's all an act!
Boy do they have you all fooled!
Again...

Are you typing with your feet?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:22 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,635 times
Quote:
That is bull****, everyone will see atax increases under Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Wait and see.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see atax increases????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

I love the righties who come on here and talk about how most, not all, Obama supporters are low-life morons who sit at home waiting for the welfare checks to roll in.

Ever notice how the people that post these things have difficulty writing literate sentences?

Take a look over this thread and tell me who appears to have the more intelligent support Obama or McCain?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 AM

795 posts, read 2,298,488 times
Talking freedom fly away

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - "Defining Moment" Ad

He's down to $200,000, yet he keeps claiming on the stump $250,000. When did he sneak in a lower number?
Here is whats in the works for your 401(k)

Now, this is getting pretty brutal, so they had this babe up to testify before this committee, Teresa Ghilarducci, and she offered a sweetener. "Short-term I propose ... that the Congress allow workers to swap out their 401(k) assets, perhaps at August levels, for a guaranteed retirement account--just a one-time swap. ... How would this work? You go back to your districts and meet up with a 55-year-old who had had $50,000 in his account last month and now has $40,000 in the account. He can swap out that $50,000, valued in August, for that guarantee of what would become, if he retires at 62, a $500 a month addition to Social Security." So her plan is to have your 401(k) plan taken over by the government, invested by the government, the Social Security plan at 3%, and then your retirement is paid back to you in a Social Security check. Whatever your Social Security benefits are when you retire will be added to by whatever is in your 401(k). The point is that in your mind, if you go along for this, the government is in total charge of your retirement.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...109.guest.html

Old 10-28-2008, 12:39 AM

OK you freak shows can say what you want, but what Obama says is another
thing for another day.
You are all clueless!
Obama will tax everyone more who pays taxes regardless of income.
Freaking great all these folks are in for a super surprise under Obama's
phoney policy.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 AM

795 posts, read 2,298,488 times
Talking send them da money - your money

Quote:
I read this four times and can still not extract a coherent thought.

I would be willing to pay more in taxes so that my children do not end up with such woeful English proficiency.
Nothing in the tax codes that you can not make out a "fat" check now and mail off to dear old uncle sam..

Old 10-28-2008, 12:44 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times
Balco9, you'd make a fantastic freestyle rapper.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Balco9, you'd make a fantastic freestyle rapper.
Stand by and watch what happens in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections