Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times

Advertisements

This has been a long year of campaigning but the Republicans have distinguished themselves as being the party of tacky symbols. Joe "the plumber" and Palin from podunk are two of the worst. These two are about as corny as the pet rock or mood rings, about as novel as platform shoes or two-tone bell bottom pants. Both have a distinctive tacky 70s feel like 100% polyester.

It's obvious now that this incredibly large-headed Neanderthal character named Joe was a McCain campaign plant. He had to be sufficiently large in stature to make his way through the crowd and get Obama's attention. Of course, McCain made sure the media recorded the exchange between the two. He gets Obama to address the portion of the population making more than $250K by falsely representing that he is a plumber who makes this much. Obama certainly could've brushed off the obvious plant but he faced him head on and came down to the level of the McCain plant to try to address his question, unscripted. The increasingly desperate McCain camp, lacking any message to justify supporting them other than whatever spin they can sucker you into believing reflect negatively on the other guy, focuses on this as a means to "jump-start" their hollow campaign. Can you get any more tacky than that?

Then McCain uses this as designed in the debate, to no avail. He lost that debate as well as the other two. Now Joe the Neanderthal plant goes on record as saying he supports McCain, so this is supposed to spur others who he represents to do the same. Are Republicans that stupid to think that people can't see beyond such tacky transparency? 100% polyester.

The earlier attempt at hollow symbolism was Sarah Palin. She's an attractive woman, always good to see no matter which political party we're talking about. I always thought Jeanine Pirro was the most attractive woman I had seen in politics, and even though I don't agree with her politically, she certainly would catch my eye whenever there was a chance to get a glimpse of her on TV or in print. So Palin gets attention because of her looks. But God when she opens her mouth, she sounds like the pre-adolescent Lumpy from "Leave to Beaver." Guess it wouldn't be so bad if she said anything that showed that she deserved to be singled out to be the running mate of a presidential candidate. But such is obviously not the case. Peeps took a look at her to see if there was any substance behind that attractive face, and there wasn't any. As one poster put it, she's a boastful ignoramus. She's too insular and a racist. She's a joke and annoying to listen to, like nails on a chalkboard.

So I'm sick of the crap that Palin and Neanderthal man represent, just pure trash. Looking forward to next Tuesday when these two rejects become a memory and Republicans can go into hiding and reflect on the low-class ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,387,188 times
McCain said "Joe The Biden" on Larry King.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
I have purposefully spared myself most of the hype about Joe the Plumber; my nerves just can't take it. The McCain campaign has truly been a cartoonish explosion of white trash in many ways and I sincerely find myself feeling a little sympathy for John the Loser.

What a way to end a political career.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,909 times
I'm like Met- they are trying to counteract the effect Obama has on the true Average American by parading out these farces like Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber.

When Joe comes on the TV I change the channel.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 PM

26,220 posts, read 49,066,237 times
I'm at the gag stage with Joe the Dumber

Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Joe ought to plumb Sarah.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 PM

658 posts, read 1,785,979 times
I think Joe the Plumber is more Joe the Con Artist.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times
Joe the Plumber is as much of a scam as Sarah Palin. I think they were hoping to win the elections by appealing to the ignorant, uneducated
small town, simple minded people like Bush did in 2000. I think it will backfire this time. This is the most anti-intellectual Republican ticket I can remember

Old 10-29-2008, 09:22 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,584 times
Joe and Sarah are real American people.

Do you want to know what I think about the looney nutjobs San Francisco produces, Alexus? San Fran is where the real looney left wingers come from, the freaks who pollute the rest of California. They need to break off from California, float away 500 miles....trust me, the country would be a better place because of it.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Anybody else sick of Joe the Plumber and Sarah from podunk?
You betcha, darn tootin' .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections