Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:56 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,584,379 times

Advertisements

OMAHA, Neb. — Billionaire investor Warren Buffett says it can get a little lonely being a Democrat in Nebraska.

The last Democrat to carry the state in a presidential election was Lyndon Johnson, in 1964.

But Buffett had plenty of company Wednesday night at a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama — and local organizers say Obama made a valuable investment.

"I think his stock in Nebraska goes up from here," said Omaha businessman Harley Schrager, who co-hosted the event with Buffet and others.

FOXNews.com - Billionaire Warren Buffet Hosts Fundraiser for Barack Obama - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 08:38 AM

328 posts, read 1,034,012 times
Default Margaritaville ???????

Oh Warren Buffet....I thought you meant Jimmy Buffett................Obama would have a better chance if he had the "Parrotheads" behind him........
Then again Buffet needs a puppet....Billions will buy that for sure...............
Obama is for sale just like all the other candidates.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
William Buffet is my favorite billionaire. A classic in the mold of Andrew Carnegie, who saw his wealth as an opportunity to help make the world a better place.

Doesn't mean I'll vote for Obama in the primaries, of course.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:30 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,220,863 times
Hahahahahhahahaha...Thats a powerful statement when warren buffet supports you openly. He's absolutely right about Obama and thats probably who i'll support. I can't support the corporate puppets anymore...

Old 10-30-2008, 05:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,408 times
Important Facts for Regular AmericansA must watch b4 you go vote and give our country away. THIS IS A SHOCKING REVELATION This video starts out as a documentary and ends as an edge of your seat thriller.In order to get your brain around the ending, YOU MUST WATCH THE ENTIRE VIDEO because in order to understand the future, you need a solid understanding of past up through the present. That information provides the clues and evidence to the truth revealed in a climactic ending that will horrify you.[url=http://www.citizenslim.com/]Home[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections