Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:13 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Very interesting to see the fanatics of the campaign that supports Leroy The Loiterer making fun of people who actually WORK for a living.
Yes, and they should be at their jobs, not talking to the country about domestic and international affairs, which they know nothing about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yes, and they should be at their jobs, not talking about domestic and international affairs, which they know nothing about.
And yet, somehow you are qualified to post about the same stuff (anonymously) on a forum. Imagine that.

One thing you Obama people will never understand. EVERYONE in this country gets a voice. EVERYONE. And if it doesn't agree with your voice, then that's just too damn bad.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 PM

438 posts, read 503,395 times
Pretty sad state of our politics when one party brings out these publicity gimmicks to make their case. Can't the McCain camp provide arguments of substance.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
And yet, somehow you are qualified to post about the same stuff (anonymously) on a forum. Imagine that.
Exactly. On an anonymous forum. Not on a national news outlet. You can't see the difference?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Pretty sad state of our politics when one party can keep a tape from being made public to make their case. Can't the Obama camp provide the country with some proof that he didn't do anything wrong at that dinner?
Excellent point, and I agree 100%!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Exactly. On an anonymous forum. Not on a national news outlet. You can't see the difference?
Again, you're the one who isn't getting it.

There is no difference.

Everyone is allowed to speak their mind in this country.
Everyone, whether you agree with the speaker, the forum, or anything else about it.

Your master has trained you very well.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Again, you're the one who isn't getting it.

There is no difference.

Everyone is allowed to speak their mind in this country.
Everyone, whether you agree with the speaker, the forum, or anything else about it.

Your master has trained you very well.
I know you need to believe that everyone voting for Obama is in love with Obama. It's not the case. But I understand why you need to believe that; it allows you to disregard reasonable arguments.

And if you can't see the difference between speaking on a national news outlet and an anonymous forum, I can see why you are voting for McCain/Palin.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
And if you can't see the difference between speaking on a national news outlet and an anonymous forum, I can see why you are voting for McCain/Palin.
I've made hundreds of thousands of dollars working in the media. I've forgotten more about it than you will ever know, but then again I haven't forgotten much.

Who I am voting for is simply none of your business. It's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about the fact that the airwaves belong to everyone who wishes to use them. If you don't like the message, find another media outlet. There are many.

Not everyone in this life is going to agree with you. You'll start to see that when you get out into the world.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 PM

838 posts, read 922,481 times
Quote:
Watch here: 'Tito the Builder' - FOXNews.com

I love when Tito talks about the Obama campaign taking tips from the Chavez playbook. But in all seriousness, I just can't believe that a U.S. presidential campaign has come down to Joe the Plumber, Tito the Builder, and their interviews with major news organizations on behalf of the campaign.
The points these men represent are valid.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I've made hundreds of thousands of dollars working in the media. I've forgotten more about it than you will ever know, but then again I haven't forgotten much.

Who I am voting for is simply none of your business. It's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about the fact that the airwaves belong to everyone who wishes to use them. If you don't like the message, find another media outlet. There are many.

Not everyone in this life is going to agree with you. You'll start to see that when you get out into the world.
*L* For someone who worked in media, you sure have very little understanding of how media works. Not just anyone can walk into Fox news and get interviewed. McCain/Palin picked Tito and Joe to represent them and their campaign on a national news outlet. For that reason, what Tito and Joe say means more and reaches a larger audience than any post on this forum.

You are conflating what is being discussed on this thread with a free speech issue. No one said that Tito doesn't have a right to say what he is saying. The point is that if McCain/Palin can't find anyone more qualified to talk to journalists about Obama and the McCain/Palin platform, then that campaign is in serious trouble.

How much prepping did Palin need to face journalists and get up-to-date on policy issues? And yet, Tito and Joe are ready from the get-go to face journalists and represent the McCain camp not only to the nation but to the world?

Surely there are Republicans better suited to the task. And if not, you should think twice about whom you defend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections