Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 01:57 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Typical of the hate many GOP'ers have towards others, a sad commentary on the GOP brand of divisive politics and rhetoric.
Nice spin. We just parlay respect for other's property and privacy into hate. I guess that's what we can come to expect from Obamacrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,282,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Well I guess if the city tried to take that sign they would get a shock too.
The city would ask him to remove it, if they had cause to do so.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:03 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
I never said it didnt belong to you. you said I was wrong about the public having access to the front part of it, and that an owner can not build ANY kind of fence on it.
You're totally wrong. If you got a problem with that take it over to the city/state forums where it belongs.

Quote:
When the easement is a non land locked front one.. you sure cant.
Maybe that's true in your [mod cut] township/city, but that ain't how it is on the rest of the planet.

Quote:
II think you should call your county clerk and ask them if any feet are easment. I would bet u 5 bucks at least 2 feet of your FRONT are city easment if not city property
You lost.

There are 88 counties in Ohio. I should go to the Ohio forum and bring them over here. [mod cut]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-30-2008 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: let's not get too personal please!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:06 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,860,358 times
the guy should have just smeared dog poop all over the sign. imagine seeing that on video. or cover the sign with stinging nettles. this man is brilliant to hook up the current to the sign. I hope the kid is cited for trespassing and attempted theft and it goes on his record.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Angel-no, but I I was a pretty good kid. You can ask my mom, I was her favorite.

Why does the parent have such casual disregard for the safety of the kid that they let them go onto other people's property? Not to mention the casual disregard for the other person's property!! It is not the responsibility of the property owner to teach that kid the lesson (although he succeeded marvelously!) but up to the parents!!
Plenty of "pretty good kids" do dumb things now and then because they are, well, kids. I can't watch videos on my computer, so I don't know what's on it. The article give no indication that the parents were with the child when he touched it. When I was a kid growing up in awesomo.2000's neck of the woods, it was common for kids to walk through other's yards on occasion, stuff like that. Even when my own were growing up, that was done around here in Colorado. There is such a thing as an "attractive nuisance", too.

Quote:
Are you sure? Do you follow your kid? We were all angels around our parents too. And no I dont allow my child to wonder on peoples yard or allow him outside at all without me, because he would wonder.. seeing how he has a mental disability. But when we are going for a walk and something is on the bit of grass 2 inches or even 2 feet from the curb where you walk to stay clear of cars, he might touch it. And Im sure that is within his legal rights to do so seeing how most yards the first 5-16 feet is either the citys or an easement for walking.
What about Halloween, again I wonder if that man would have left it plugged up. And what problem on earth would you have with a kid wanting a leaf out of your yard close to the street? give me a break!
I agree. And to clarify, I never "allowed" my kids to trespass through other people's yards, either, but I'm not crazy enough to say they never did it.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,251,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You're totally wrong. If you got a problem with that take it over to the city/state forums where it belongs.

Maybe that's true in your ass-backward township/city, but that ain't how it is on the rest of the planet.

You lost.

There are 88 counties in Ohio. I should go to the Ohio forum and bring them over here. "Hey! Some 'tard loser is making stupid bets."
I don't think driftingthoughts knows the difference between what a property owner is and what an easement is. I have posted what an easement is twice and driftingthoughts has yet to comment on it.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 PM

703 posts, read 856,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
It's the same here.
But it still belongs to the property owner, it just gives rights to public and private utilities to run their lines there.

The easement at my home is in the back not in the front. There is NO easement in the front of my home. All of the utilities and sewers are under ground at the back of my property.

In all three cases I still own the property they are on.

I have surveys on all three properties that show that the easements are on my property.
Wow, I have to repeat myself.

I never said anything about ownership.

I was simply saying that the way easements are zoned is not the same in all towns/counties.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,833 times
Funny stuff, maybe he'll try and pee on it next time.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,662,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
You've obviously never been around electric fences designed for various sorts of animal uses. Over the years, I've touched them all at some point, and they're not dangerous. Any animal who wants to rush through an electric fence can - it's to buzz the animal into not leaning onto it - especially cattle. This buzz is in no way painful - a "funnybone" kind of reminder to back off.

Calling a man evil for wanting to protect his property? He could have wired up sprinklers to blast immediately when it's touched, but I'm sure he didn't want to be sued for damage to cell phones and such of the trespassers of his property. This electric fence buzz is simply a reminder to keep your hands off his property, and that doesn't make him evil.
Don't waste your breath, most of the people here have probably always been city dwellers and have no clue what you are talking about. These are the same people who believe "time out" works rather than a good spanking.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,592,550 times
Serves the little booger right. I bet he won't be pranking his neighbors anymore. And hopefully his idiot parents will keep him on a shorter leash.

There's no reason any kid (or adult) should be out messing with other people's property.

And I'd say the same thing if it was an Obama supporter's sign getting yanked by a McCain supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections