Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:05 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,202,406 times

Advertisements

While out searching for some stats on early voting, I came across this and would rather taken aback. Just briefly looking through some of the numbers posted thus far, millions of Americans have already voted with the actual election still two weeks away.

Interesting site
2008 Early Voting

Some early indications show the Democrats are showing the greater increase but I haven't found any specific or reliable numbers to offer up.

I have considered early voting myself, but there is something oddly entertaining about the fiasco of voting day at my tiny voting station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:35 PM

532 posts, read 859,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
While out searching for some stats on early voting, I came across this and would rather taken aback. Just briefly looking through some of the numbers posted thus far, millions of Americans have already voted with the actual election still two weeks away.

Interesting site
2008 Early Voting

Some early indications show the Democrats are showing the greater increase but I haven't found any specific or reliable numbers to offer up.

I have considered early voting myself, but there is something oddly entertaining about the fiasco of voting day at my tiny voting station.
I can understand why some people would vote early, if they are absolutely sure that nothing would change their minds--however, one disadvantage of voting early is that, should some new info come to light that might change one's mind, it would be too late to change one's vote. This would apply more to those who are still weighing the evidence before making a final decision, but who knows what new info may come about in the last days before the election. I am one of those who like to wait--just in case.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:36 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
I can understand why some people would vote early, if they are absolutely sure that nothing would change their minds--however, one disadvantage of voting early is that, should some new info come to light that might change one's mind, it would be too late to change one's vote. This would apply more to those who are still weighing the evidence before making a final decision, but who knows what new info may come about in the last days before the election. I am one of those who like to wait--just in case.
Weighing the evidence?

Old 10-22-2008, 05:43 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,038,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Weighing the evidence?
Yes.

I always wait until Election Day to make my final decision. To me, someone saying that nothing could change their mind are close-minded. I remain open to both (three?) sides until the very last minute.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:46 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Yes.

I always wait until Election Day to make my final decision. To me, someone saying that nothing could change their mind are close-minded. I remain open to both (three?) sides until the very last minute.
From the Democratic view point, if you weren't in a coma for the last 20 months there isn't a lot left to discuss. As for being closed minded, you would have to be no minded at this point.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:56 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,038,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
From the Democratic view point, if you weren't in a coma for the last 20 months there isn't a lot left to discuss. As for being closed minded, you would have to be no minded at this point.
I disagree, anything can happen in 2 weeks. Do you not remember the 2004 election when Osama made his "surprise" video and influenced us all to re-elect Bush? Anything can happen.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:58 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,004 times
Quote:
Yes.

I apologise. I wasn't clear as to my question.

What 'evidence' do you think people are waiting for? What 'new info' do you think can surface at the last minute?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:08 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,091,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I'm like you....I find humor in the election day drama in our little town.I enjoy it.We vote at a Church out in the middle of nowhere.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,237,325 times
Quote:
Yes.

Wow ! ! ! My decision was made when the U.S. was founded with the intent of a small federal government. Not sure much about that is gonna change... unless of course, Ms. Pelosi goes ahead and raises taxes next week. Not voting for her anyway.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,005,856 times
Did you hear about the town that had more "early votes" than they have legal registered voters???? ACORN at work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections