Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is
Yes, it is important to me to vote for a pro life candidate 9 18.75%
Yes it is important to vote for a pro choice candidate 19 39.58%
No, abortion is not a factor for me 20 41.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:38 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times

Advertisements

NO because as a Christian, no one is forcing me to have an abortion, no one at the federal level will be able to demand that abortion be illegal at the state level, and with or without laws, abortion will continue. I could be swayed by a positive right to life candidate who tole me what ideas they have to help our society promote the idea of the sanctity of life and assure us that their policies will promote all human life as worthy of our love and support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 12:38 PM

365 posts, read 692,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Does it have any swaying you to vote one way or the other?
Yes and no, since there is a democratic party that is anti-abortion as well....Democrats For Life of America On the other hand, it was when Obama said he couldn't answer a simple question asked to him about his stance on the issue and said that it "was above his pay scale" to answer, was when I decided I couldn't vote for him. And then learning about his decision to kill a living baby that was "suppose" to be aborted...put me on the fense and killed his chance at my vote.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:42 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
Yes and no, since there is a democratic party that is anti-abortion as well....Democrats For Life of America On the other hand, it was when Obama said he couldn't answer a simple question asked to him about his stance on the issue and said that it "was above his pay scale" to answer, was when I decided I couldn't vote for him. And then learning about his decision to kill a living baby that was "suppose" to be aborted...put me on the fense and killed his chance at my vote.
Since the latter is not actually true. I hope, if you hold other Democrat values, that you might reconsider and that we can work on the issue as a unified party. With the other folks in office, we look at four more years of nothing but gridlock, division, and failed economic policies that hurt all of us. I am personally asking you to reconsider while completing understanding and respecting yoru decision.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:43 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
I am pro choice but it has had zero input on how I vote in last 8 yrs

Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
I am pro-choice and I have voted for both pro-choice and anti-choice candidates. When I was 20 years old, I only voted for those who were
pro-choice. I soon woke up and realized that those who were pro-choice, well that was about all I agreed with them on. I am a conservative and that means I want the government out of my bedroom, my pocket book and my personal life.

This election- the people I am voting for are a mix of pro-choice and anti-choice.

I will say that it pisses me off that this is even a political issue at all. IMHO-the government, courts, etc should have no business getting involved with abortion at all. Government needs to stay out of my life.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:48 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Abortion has never been a consideration in my vote because it's never seriously raised as an issue. The GOP always talks about it just to hook the religious nutcases, who never figure out that they're just being played.

Haven't you pro-life people ever wondered why the Republican Bush administration, backed by a rubber-stamp congress, and dealing with a conservative Supreme Court, never did a thing on your issue?

Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 PM

574 posts, read 1,208,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Haven't you pro-life people ever wondered why the Republican Bush administration, backed by a rubber-stamp congress, and dealing with a conservative Supreme Court, never did a thing on your issue?
That's a good question. Seems like if it was ever going to be dealt with, that would have been the time. It's almost as if it's not a real issue they are going to touch, but rather an over all litmus test of conservatism and religion. That's why I don't give it consideration. It's used as manipulation by the right and I was disappointed in the last debate to see Obama have to even discuss it on their terms.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 PM

439 posts, read 1,256,612 times
It is the # one reason I can't vote for a Republican, that and they don't stand for anything I stand for.

I am 56 years old and can't have anymore children, but I don't like ANYONE trying take my choice away. If they can do it on this issue, what is next. Also i don't want us to go back to back alley methods of dealing with it. 32 years ago I "ALMOST", for a miny second had and abortion, I had the appointment set up and everything. I couldn't do it, but at least I had a CHOICE!!!!!

Debbie

Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Does it have any swaying you to vote one way or the other?
I think it sways Repubs. They think if they vote in a Republican president the abortions will end

They have been lied to continually by Republicans but they must like it.....and the Repub politicians KNOW that if R v. W was overturned they would have one less platform to stand on....so they don't plan on doing anything about it.

Repub voters never catch on

Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
The gift that keeps on giving, giving to the polititians that is.

Republicans know that they will never overturn Rowe V Wade but they use it as an issue to keep many on the right voting for them.

Democrats also know that the chances of it being overturned are slim to none but use it as an issue to keep those on the left voting for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections