Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times

Advertisements

I know that regardless of the outcome I will go on with loving life and continue on as always. I know many others on here from both camps will also. However there could be some who if their candidate is defeated will be stuck in a rut. Do you think that either one side will have more folks able to accept that their candidate didn't win and be able to move on with life? Will one side have more people unable to make adjustments to things not turning out the way they wanted? What do you think? Will we have a forum for the next four years dedicated to bashing the winning candidate?

Last edited by TuborgP; 10-31-2008 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 05:36 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,859,169 times
Well, as with any contest there will be people who are merely disappointed and will press on with life. Then there will be folks who for psychological and emotional reasons will have difficulty and experience ongoing anxiety. Irregardless who wins their four year term will be closely scrutinized. Life goes on. In my case well after the new president takes office I will be deployed so I have to keep the focus on that versus fretting about who becomes president. When I get back I may have the luxury of time and perspective to comment further.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:37 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Not Obama supporters, apparently, since they still haven't gotten over the fact that Gore lost in 2000 and Kerry lost in 2004.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:39 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,928,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I know that regardless of the outcome I will go on with loving life and continue on as always. I know many others on here from both camps will also. However there could be some who if theur candidate is defeated will be stuck in a rut. Do you think that either one side will have more folks able to accept that their candidate didn't win and be able to move on with life? Will one side have more people unable to make adjustments to things not turning out the way they wanted? What do you think? Will we have a forum for the next four years dedicated to bashing the winning candidate?
My life will continue per usual, except that I will end up having to get rid of a couple of employees because of the tax hike that Obama will make me pay. My life will be spendid though. I just feel sorry for our country as a whole since we will no longer be the country that our founding fathers founded.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:39 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
HA HA, my guy lost a long while back, I've been enjoying watching the cage match between two groups of people so utterly convinced they are right that they forgot they are countrymen.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:40 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Not Obama supporters, apparently, since they still haven't gotten over the fact that Gore lost in 2000 and Kerry lost in 2004.
Thanks for including me in your cattle call luz. I'll be fine, thanks.

And for those you are refering to, I don't think it's as much a factor that Gore or Kerry lost, but the "W" won. Nice choice, by the way.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
HA HA, my guy lost a long while back, I've been enjoying watching the cage match between two groups of people so utterly convinced they are right that they forgot they are countrymen.
Love your post. My candidate has no chance because so many people think too damn highly of the two main political parties and will not let go of them.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:44 PM

511 posts, read 658,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
my guy kucinich lost but I am supporting Obama because after sifting through the smears and lies he actually is a pretty awesome person and good with me on the issues. Its important we dont let McCain continue with the Bush plan.

I'm tired of how people are acting like fools. Stop being sorry losers McSame fans. Our life went on when Gore didnt win and Kerry.
If you call an economic crash and war a life.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
my guy kucinich lost but I am supporting Obama because after sifting through the smears and lies he actually is a pretty awesome person and good with me on the issues. Its important we dont let McCain continue with the Bush plan.

I'm tired of how people are acting like fools. Stop being sorry losers McSame fans. Our life went on when Gore didnt win and Kerry.
If you call an economic crash and war a life.
I just wanted you to know that it isn't the McCain fans that are threatening to riot if their guy doesn't win.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:46 PM

511 posts, read 658,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
My life will continue per usual, except that I will end up having to get rid of a couple of employees because of the tax hike that Obama will make me pay. My life will be spendid though. I just feel sorry for our country as a whole since we will no longer be the country that our founding fathers founded.
You will find you wont have to, I wont even say I told you so either. I feel sorry for the guys believing the smears. If McCain wins, we will be in another great depression and you will have to let go of all your guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections