Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 05:50 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times

Advertisements

I have no idea what happened here so I editted.

Last edited by Freemore; 11-01-2008 at 06:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 05:53 AM

703 posts, read 855,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Big leap from "She's an illegal" to "and he knows about it."

But why bother with evidence when you can make any statement you want in the safety of anonymity.

So, I put her down with Neil Bush and Billy Carter - relatives about whom the presidential candidate can do little but suffer indignities and news stories.

What is it you wanted him to do, even if you were right and he did know her situation?
Didn't you get the memo?

Barack is responsible for every bad thing that anyone he ever met has done.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:57 AM

553 posts, read 837,200 times
WOW! More apologist denial from the devotees....

SHE IS ILLEGAL AND SHE DONATED TO HIS CAMPAIGN.... Wrong wrong wrong on every level....

Old 11-01-2008, 05:58 AM

300 posts, read 1,015,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Now we know why Obama is staying away from his own aunt.
She is an illegal and was asked to leave the country.

So being an illegal and Obama knows it and has done nothing about it.

AP: Obama aunt from Kenya living in US illegally
This was not a surprise to me, just like 5 minutes ago I replied to Obama or Mccain for florida thread and said Obama will let the illegals be in peace.

I personally have 3 reasons to vote for McCain

1. I dont want Obama to increase taxes to ANYONE, the lower, the better.
2. Republicans > Democ_rats any time
3. Obama doesnt mind illegal immigrants.

Those illegals are mean, they dont know english and they are abusing America. It's like a rape.
Why cant they be LEGAL immigrants

Old 11-01-2008, 05:59 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why do all his relatives have a muzzle on them? Have we noticed that? His aunt, his grammy, his relatives back home in Kenyan - none of them will talk about Obama. There are reports that they have been instructed not to talk to the press. Have we ever seen anything like this in a presidential candidate?
Actually, I have never seen a presidential campaign where we were so interested in relatives that aren't close to the candidate. Does anyone know about McCain's aunts, cousins, etc? The other thing that bothers me in this thread are statements like "he probably knew" or "he was harboring her"--We don't know any of that. I have many, many relatives that I know absolutely nothing about and have had no contact with in years. Find links and quit assuming so much.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:00 AM

703 posts, read 855,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Harboring an illegal is a crime. Make sure you tell Obama that, he wouldn't know.
It's very apparent that the actual definition of "harboring", in the legal sense, is lost on you.

So pardon me if I ignore your opinion about it.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:02 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
If McCain's amnesty plan had passed, she would have had a chance to become a legal resident already. Along with 10 million other illegals.
She doesn't qualify for any amnesty because she has standing deportation orders.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:02 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,641,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
WOW! More apologist denial from the devotees....

SHE IS ILLEGAL AND SHE DONATED TO HIS CAMPAIGN.... Wrong wrong wrong on every level....
I think she should be deported and I think he should return the money.

But that doesn't make him responsible for her living conditions, her being in this country, or her decisions.

Are you responsible for the choices your aunt or uncle makes?

My father has done unethical things. I have not turned him in. Are you advocating that Obama should have turned her in, if he knew she was there illegally?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:09 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Didn't you get the memo?

Barack is responsible for every bad thing that anyone he ever met has done.
And he has been consorting with terrorists and planning to blow up the United States since he was eight years old. And he planned the 9/11 attacks.

(Satire)

Old 11-01-2008, 06:13 AM

553 posts, read 837,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
I think she should be deported and I think he should return the money.

But that doesn't make him responsible for her living conditions, her being in this country, or her decisions.

Are you responsible for the choices your aunt or uncle makes?

My father has done unethical things. I have not turned him in. Are you advocating that Obama should have turned her in, if he knew she was there illegally?
I neither stated or implied that Obama was responsible for her situation. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I agree, he should publicly condemn her illegal status, refusal to obey deportation orders and illegal contributions to his campaign. He should donate the money he received to charity.

Yes, he should have convinced her to leave or turned her in if he knew she was here illegally.... He is not some random citizen like your father.... He is running to be the PRESIDENT!!!

Then again, it's pretty characteristic for Dems to fail at leading by example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections