Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 02:36 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,389 times

Advertisements

A Liberal Supermajority - WSJ.com

The above article is very interesting. Please give it a read. The last thing I ever want is total super majority control of government by any party and especially one that likes to take your freedom away, along with your money and give it to people of their choosing. The only way our system works fairly for ALL, is when there are checks and balances. It is highly likely that the extreme left Democrats will have 100% control of government in a way that had not been seen in decades, where absolutely nothing can be blocked. We see where that got us in the past. Remember, government is supposed to work for ALL people, not just the hard left. Unfortunately, the leftist politicians don't see it that way.

When you go to vote, if you haven't already, think about this carefully. Obama most certainly is going to win, but there is something you can do. As much as I hate the party system, it is critically important that you vote 100% Republican for everything else. If you want a proper check and balance system, you need to block a super majority by the left wing Liberals. Do you remember the Jimmy Carter days? That's headed this way. Obama and the others are far left of Bill Clinton. Bill was a moderate. Now we have off the cliff leftist about to take control.

The best way for government to work is with one party controlling the Executive branch and the other party controlling Congress, without a super majority. We need to protect America now.

Change is coming and it is going to destroy our country in a way that the world has never seen. It is happening so fast that most people can't even see it. The switch from a democracy to communism can happen quickly while you sleep.

WAKE UP!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 02:37 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,872 times
oh brother

Old 11-02-2008, 02:38 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,274 times
I can't WAIT for a liberal supermajority. Having had to live with a conservative supermajority for the last few years, it's about time I'm going to be represented. It's going to be great!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:38 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Default Obama/Biden 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post

The above article is very interesting. Please give it a read. The last thing I ever want is total super majority control of government by any party and especially one that likes to take your freedom away, along with your money and give it to people of their choosing. The only way our system works fairly for ALL, is when there are checks and balances. It is highly likely that the extreme left Democrats will have 100% control of government in a way that had not been seen in decades, where absolutely nothing can be blocked. We see where that got us in the past. Remember, government is supposed to work for ALL people, not just the hard left. Unfortunately, the leftist politicians don't see it that way.

When you go to vote, if you haven't already, think about this carefully. Obama most certainly is going to win, but there is something you can do. As much as I hate the party system, it is critically important that you vote 100% Republican for everything else. If you want a proper check and balance system, you need to block a super majority by the left wing Liberals. Do you remember the Jimmy Carter days? That's headed this way. Obama and the others are far left of Bill Clinton. Bill was a moderate. Now we have off the cliff leftist about to take control.

The best way for government to work is with one party controlling the Executive branch and the other party controlling Congress, without a super majority. We need to protect America now.

Change is coming and it is going to destroy our country in a way that the world has never seen. It is happening so fast that most people can't even see it. The switch from a democracy to communism can happen quickly while you sleep.

WAKE UP!!!!!
I'm woke and how awesome would it be if the Dem's got 60 seats in the Senate -- It will take that type of shift in power to undue all the damage caused by Bush & his absurd policies...

Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post

WAKE UP!!!!!
Thanks for the info. comrade. Oops, I mean friend.

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Nah, fear not. For the past 8 years, we have a republican president and democrat congress. Where did that get us? Another example is CA, They have a republican governor and democrat representatives. Look where they are now. A one party system will expedite things.

450 posts, read 502,973 times
The fact that this Country is on Life-Support and people are actually SCARED of going the opposite way that put us there (Bush), is amazingly astounding to me!

Its like a person dying of lung cancer picking up another cigarette.

It makes absolutely no sense!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
The fact that this Country is on Life-Support and people are actually SCARED of going the opposite way that put us there (Bush), is amazingly astounding to me!

Its like a person dying of lung cancer picking up another cigarette.

It makes absolutely no sense!
More like a person with liver and lung problems from drinking and smoking, having trouble deciding between one last smoke or one last drink.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:50 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
A one party system will expedite things.

That is the problem. We don't need things expedited. When the government expedites things, we end up with crazy welfare and forced home ownership programs. Government should work for ALL people, not just your side. We need moderates, not extremists. Remember what Jimmy Carter did to our country with this type of Liberal control? Probably not. Most people on the forum are probably to young to remember. There was a reason why the country switch back to conservatism under Ronald Regan. There was a reason why so many Democrats looked to Regan for a solution. There was a reason why this country turned around so fast after the dismissal of Carter and the election of Regan.

But if there is one thing history has shown us, it is that history always repeats itself. So, here we go again. I guarantee you that in 8 years the country will be screaming for a conservative again. Back and forth we go. Heck, even France went conservative after the Liberals showed everyone how bad the Liberal policies are.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
we are not going dirty commie crazy we just want to stop the war. a contrived unnecessary 1/4 million death, 10 trillion dollar war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections