Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:25 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times

Advertisements

Rip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
mr obama i regret you loss very much.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Listen people, I have not gone on record with my choice for POTUS, nor do I intend to do so.

What I will say to you now is a person had passed away. A wife, a mother, a sister, and a grandmother. For no other reason than that you should be respectful and behave yourselves. I don't care if you like Obama or not. Be decent and show some respect. There is a man in Hawaii that has lost his life partner. Can you imagine that pain? There is a man here on the mainland that has lost his grandmother, a woman that raised him for several years of his youth. Can you not feel for him? Obama is in the public's eye, his grandmother was not except for the fact that she was his grandmother. Nothing more and nothing less.

Please show some decency for Pete's sake!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Obama definitely has his priorities in the right place.

I am very glad he had the opportunity to see her one last time before she passed.

I am also glad she was able to live to see her grandson get this far in his life.

She raised a truly great man.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Our family's prayers go out to his.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:50 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Thank you mods, you've done a great job. I'm sure this thread has been quite a headache. Also, I really liked the posts from both of you.

Some people seem to think this death was somehow staged in an attempt to get a sympathy vote. Let's get real--would there really be any point to doing that? If someone was going to vote out of sympathy, they'd do so no matter what day the death was announced. And come on, think about it. Nobody is going to change their vote based on the death of a relative. Especially in this heated election, when people care passionately about issues and almost everyone in America has already decided how they're voting. And don't forget, a huge number of people have already voted.

So, it's ok to relax and observe the common decency that the situation calls for. You can say something compassionate, or at least respectful, without feeling you are somehow betraying your side in the election.

And once you've paid your respects, it's perfectly cool to move on to the other topics in the forum and resume bashing. But let's keep that stuff out of this thread. It's just not appropriate.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yes---and its ridiculous to think that in the information age that it would take more than 5 minutes to contact everyone in you Blackberry
So what? I can't believe you'd intrude upon somene's grieving process. If she died late Sunday night in Hawaii, it was already close to the workday in the eastern time zone. Perhaps they were preparing a press release.

My prayers go out to the family.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:00 PM

645 posts, read 909,878 times
Unhappy Rip

Rest in peace Toot.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times
Great Job Mods, from 31 to 19 pages, sorry you had to work so hard.

And once again Rest In peace, and my condolences to the family.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 PM

207 posts, read 279,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I'm voting for McCain, so I'm not sure where all your ridiculous anger is coming from with your reputation comments.

Anyway, I'm saddened anytime someone passes away, even Obama's grandmother.
Let me say, I do feel for the Grandmother. Death is always a tradegy.
Second, as I am being censored, I still have concern about the timing of the release of information about her death. I won't discuss it though.
Last, might I say that I am not angry, just not willing to believe everything I am told. Hence, independent thinker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections