Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Michigan is a recently blue state, too. Yet another uninformed Democrat. No wonder we ended up stuck with Obama for 4 years.
Again, you want to retract your comments directed at ScranBarre?

Michigan Presidential Election Voting History

Michigan hasn't voted red since Reagan (when most of the country overwhelmingly also voted for him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:55 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Hes a criminal and a charlatan in over his head. If you think the media is going to sit around bored for the next 4 years

wrong

cant wait, hopefully it starts even before hes sworn in. If he makes it that far

Loser....please come back in four years and try again. Loser

Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Yes, Mamama Mia, better zip it and let ABBA do the singing for you!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:22 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Ohio and Indiana have always been blue. Where have you been?
Indiana has always been red ... Evan Byah was a democratic gov. for 2 terms, but by and large, we are redder than red. What's funny is that thousands crossed party lines and re-elected our GOP governor, but voted for Obama for president.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:28 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Indiana was the biggest surprise of the night. Only two states left now...

Old 11-05-2008, 10:34 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,925 times
I'd like to give Hoosiers credit for being that politically saavy but I think it had more to do with ACORNs activities in the NE counties. Combined of course with the other factors, but if those counties arent ajacent to obamas political home IN goes repub

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Indiana has always been red ... Evan Byah was a democratic gov. for 2 terms, but by and large, we are redder than red. What's funny is that thousands crossed party lines and re-elected our GOP governor, but voted for Obama for president.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,555,643 times
Actually, I went canvassing in Indiana for Obama the past two weekends, and I'm not part of ACORN. A lot of people where I canvassed (much like a good deal of the country) are sick & tired of the last 8 years of crap, and voted accordingly.

Also, the Northwest counties usually go Dem. It's never pulled Indiana blue before, so your theory is just a bunch of sour grapes, Bryan. (BTW, Bush is the TRUE criminal.)

BTW, YAY Indiana.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:49 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Michigan recently went blue? Is 20 years ago recent?

Michigan Presidential Election Voting History
My voting history goes back 35 years, I remember the years of Gerald Ford and other strong Michigan Democrats.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times
ABC news last night had a breakdown on their map of the state's counties, which I found helpful. The blue areas of Indiana were concentrated in the NW area, which is in reality, a Chicagoan suburb (LOL--lots of folks commute from NW IN to Chicago for work. I have several family members who do just that), the college towns (Bloomington etc) and in the south near Evansville and perhaps part of the Indiana side of the Louisville metro. Otherwise, the rest of the state was red, but those blue areas have the majority of the population. Even Indy proper was mostly red but the county or two directly to its east was blue.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
St. Joseph county went blue, which was incredible. Yea, the region (aka, NW Indiana), has ALWAYS been blue, but not only Lake County (home of Gary), but Porter, LaPorte & Starke also went blue ... again, incredible.

Here's the map. I know, for those of you not familiar with my state, it probably means little, but for this Hoosier, I am overjoyed.

Election Tracker 2008 | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections