Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:19 PM

24,434 posts, read 23,092,690 times

Advertisements

People hated Bush. I never voted for the guy but gave him the benefit of the doubt and praised him when he did good and criticized him when he was wrong. I just look at Obama and see the same type of leader. One who's probably going to be a disaster. But if I'm wrong, I'll change my opinion and support him.
The republicans needed their comeuppance and now its the democrats turn to crash and burn. If Obama failing helps bring that about, that's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
rather than rally behind our new Commander In Chief in support of making our nation a better at one of the lowest times in our history

it's quite sad that America has such a can-do spirit but is so divided

LOL! like democrats got behind GWB? Are you kidding?

So we are supposed to do what you dems NEVER have done a day in your life?

The funn and stupid thing is, you will likely see more republicans working with Barak Obama than we ever say dems doing the same with GWB.

What a total crock!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If you people had rallied behind Bush, that would be a different story. But there have been 8 years of hatred and bashing and complaining and outright lies. You reap what you sow.
Apparently you have some catching up to do.

Bush had approval ratings in the 90s seven years ago. The nation was solidly behind him. In the years since, his poor performance and transparent lies have doomed his presidency to the bottom of history's trash heap. He totally squandered the good will and backing of the American public.

It's amazing that you missed all of that.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:26 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,443,810 times
Quote:
rather than rally behind our new Commander In Chief in support of making our nation a better at one of the lowest times in our history

I give him my respect as President but that does not mean I am going to just sit back and hope for the best. Just as strongly as Obama supporters "believe" in him I can say I just as strongly do not. I do not trust him, I do not think he is good for our security, I do not think he will help this country. With all due respect you can not expect those feeling to just "go away" because he was elected.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,417,542 times
Quote:

Really? Can you show me examples of Republicans that wish ill of Obama? Would it be the majority of posters here, or just a few? Maybe even...one or two? Hmm. I'd really like to see this.

The only division I have seen so far since Obama won is from the majority of Democrats here on this forum who have their mouths open with tongues wagging.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
what good contributions do Republicans actually make in society in the absence of government?

its crazy how republicans have branded bigger goverment as worse- its not about bigger- its about better

if you dont know, government is POWERFUL- more powerful than open markets (sorry Greenspan) will ever be

if only we could have Chinese Democracy for a day- all the benefits of free and fair elections and checks and balances with the will to actually get things done

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. "Chinese Democracy"...is that a joke? No wonder this country elects someone like Obama.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,516,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. "Chinese Democracy"...is that a joke? No wonder this country elects someone like Obama.
Well osama supporters were waving the communist flag in front of the whitehouse, and many communists including the american communist party endorsed him, so should be be surprised by such comments? We should only be disturbed, not surprised.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:48 PM

289 posts, read 362,272 times
I think there has to be a cooling off period. The Republicans are disappointed as would be the democrats if it had of went the other way. Nonetheless they will have to back this government or at least live with it. The Majority of the American People spoke last night. Things will go on and hopefully your economy will improve. None of this will happen over night. Regardless of who was in power. It took a long time of ignoring the signs to get us where we are now and its gonna take a long time to get back on the right road to recovery. You all have to remember that there is ONE United States of America you all live here and you all have to take part in the rebuilding of her. So put your differences aside, roll up your sleeves and get to work.

Take responsibility for your own future. It is what you make it. Don't wait around for someone else to fix it for you. You made your debt now deal with it. You want to retire then work for it. Only you can do that. I'm taking my own advise and I have to tell you that its really hard but I now see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm feeling pretty good about reaching it. Try it there is no better feeling then setting a realistic goals and reaching them. It doesn't happen over night but we have to start and stay on track to accomplish them.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:48 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,443,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Well osama supporters were waving the communist flag in front of the whitehouse, and many communists including the american communist party endorsed him, so should be be surprised by such comments? We should only be disturbed, not surprised.
\

Thank you so I was not the only person to see that!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:50 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,582,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Another product of the government run indoctrination centers (Public Schools!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections