Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:25 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times

Advertisements

Sarah who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 01:26 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
I expect Mark Sanford or Jindal to be major players in 2012.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
You never know. I know I would vote for her.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Why? After the way she sunk the McCain ship

This type of comment I find funny. Let's see. Before Palin was picked, McCain was behind by 20. After he picks her, he finished behind by 5. Ya, I guess she hurt him, if you use Democrat math.

Anybody ever stop to think the problem was McCain? Maybe if the Republican party would stop trying to become moderates and would decide to be conservatives, they might win again. Anybody remember a guy names Ronald Regan? A conservative who beat Carter to a pulp and squashed the type of liberalism we have now. The guy who Democrats loved, because many Democrats are conservative, too.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:39 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,542 times
Reagan must be spinning like a top in his grave. Do you really think Sarah Palin is anything like the man?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM

658 posts, read 1,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I hope she runs as President in 2012! Anyone else think so?
Actually I do hope she runs; so she can lose miserably and we will never hear of her again, you betcha!

Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
I hope she runs in 2012. It would make an Obama landslide all the more likely.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I hope she runs as President in 2012! Anyone else think so?
She'd never come close to winning, but it would be patheitcally amusing.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
This type of comment I find funny. Let's see. Before Palin was picked, McCain was behind by 20. After he picks her, he finished behind by 5. Ya, I guess she hurt him, if you use Democrat math.

Anybody ever stop to think the problem was McCain? Maybe if the Republican party would stop trying to become moderates and would decide to be conservatives, they might win again. Anybody remember a guy names Ronald Regan? A conservative who beat Carter to a pulp and squashed the type of liberalism we have now. The guy who Democrats loved, because many Democrats are conservative, too.
After the Republican convention she got him a bump....from there (And they finished behind by 6 and polls are a joke) the numbers did nothing but drop. She was 90% of that. McCain in the end is at fault for her being selected (by him or him allowing the RNC to strong arm him), for her not being vetted properly and for her being allowed to do what she did.

The biggest problem with Palin is that she was only good (and that is a stretch) when she was given a strict script to use and she repeated it over and over and over again. The winking turned off voters. The catty attitude and terrible responses to Couric and other interviews turned off voters. The fact that while we only knew her for 60 days and the issues/possible corruption came to light in a major way is what finished them off.

She thought she was bigger than the party itself and that is what hurt them. When you are VP you have to realize two things. 1) Your opinion means nothing so play ball and 2) Until you are President by death, vote or impeachment you are just another name on the ticket and she was not that kind of person.

Will she run? Probably not and that has to do with putting her kids in the spotlight again, feeling more comfortable in Alaska (if they take her back) and she has a lot to learn before thinking about running. Unfortunately politics is a game and Obama knew how to play. Chicago politics is cutthroat, Alaska is not.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:46 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I hope she runs in 2012. It would make an Obama landslide all the more likely.
She wouldn't chance it. Losing with McCain as the Presidential candidate is the same as her losing as the candidate. McCain probably would not make 4 years (maybe he would) but people did not see her as Presidential material and until she gets her winking under control, her brain able to come up with correct answers on the spot and a cleaner background she may as well go back to Alaska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections