Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 PM

478 posts, read 959,802 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul is one of the most trustworthy, knowledgeable men in American politics.... and to hear him talk this candidly about what is going on with the farce that is the US political system, the election of Obama and what will follow is absolutely surreal. Nothing I didn't know about already, but hearing it point blank from a guy of his stature is pretty scary.

Hang on tight folks, it's going to get real interesting in the months to come. Obama is nothing more than a hand picked puppet groomed to give the illusion of change.... and people are eating it up... with tears of joy in their eyes.... it's really frightening.

YouTube - Ron Paul on the election of Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:42 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Keep in mind that Ron Paul sees the world through Libertarian-stained glasses. He's right on some things, wrong on others, and just plain loony on a few.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Keep in mind that Ron Paul sees the world through Libertarian-stained glasses. He's right on some things, wrong on others, and just plain loony on a few.
Agreed. Just because Ron Paul says something, certainly doesn't make it so.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:52 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
I don't get libertarians...they are the most doom and gloom people in our political system. Listening to them is actually pretty depressing. They're never happy with the way things are, and everything is an infringement on our liberties. I sometimes think they might as well call themselves anarchists and be done with it.

Ron Paul has some good ideas, but one world government??? Come on...

Old 11-05-2008, 06:53 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Ron Paul is one of the most trustworthy, knowledgeable men in American politics.... and to hear him talk this candidly about what is going on with the farce that is the US political system, the election of Obama and what will follow is absolutely surreal. Nothing I didn't know about already, but hearing it point blank from a guy of his stature is pretty scary.

Hang on tight folks, it's going to get real interesting in the months to come. Obama is nothing more than a hand picked puppet groomed to give the illusion of change.... and people are eating it up... with tears of joy in their eyes.... it's really frightening.

YouTube - Ron Paul on the election of Obama
Once in a while you get shown the light!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:53 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
You speak of Ron Paul like he's not a fairly insane person.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Keep i mind that Ron Paul decided to run as a republican because he could win a congressional seat as a liberian. He need the supporttaht the party gave him.But as a presidentail candidate he really showed his lack of understanding the american people and had little appeal. His supporters turned out to be frantics who sent hate mail to the media and even made threats which he had to explain verytime he was interviewed. His suporters were about half his problems in getting covered beside his low numbers.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Agreed. Just because Ron Paul says something, certainly doesn't make it so.
He's not just saying it..... THEY are doing it... where the hell have you been?

It's all being done right in front of our eyes.... the centralization of the control of money....into the hands of a very few.

Did you even listen to the interview? Have you just woke up from a months long slumber?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
I am a big supporter of Paul myself, but there is a lot of hate and misconception about the man and his beliefs from people who dont take the time to understand what he is saying, or just like to quickly blow off what he says because it is different from everything they are continually told by their candidates and the media.

Often times it is much easier to dismiss ideas that you dont like/understand by saying they are crazy rather than being open minded about them and trying to understand them.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I don't get libertarians...they are the most doom and gloom people in our political system. Listening to them is actually pretty depressing. They're never happy with the way things are, and everything is an infringement on our liberties. I sometimes think they might as well call themselves anarchists and be done with it.

Ron Paul has some good ideas, but one world government??? Come on...
Back to beddy-bye you shall go, too....

Like Ron Paul said... "Everything just goes right over people's head".

And doom and gloom??? Please! Just call 'em like I see 'em. There is big trouble on the horizon.... and if you choose to think all is fine, by all means, be my guest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections