Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 AM

998 posts, read 1,515,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Dude, I'm a conservative Independent woman and you're the one doing the Sherlock Holmes thing. I couldn't care less about a geography gaffe. As for blaming McCain, you've won, for crying out loud. What more do you want of him, his blood? He's already done that for his country. He deserves a little more than this. But knock yourself out if it means that much to you. I just find it fascinating what people deem important in this country nowadays.
No. I am not. In fact you seem to want to keep pretending that I think it was more than a gaffe, yet I have told you multiple times that I don't know yet.

You're the one who seems to think you know that I am "going to knock myself out", and that it's so important to me, Sherlockette.

McCain isn't my hero. Don't tell me what he deserves from me.

Anyway, knock yourself out believing what you want about me. You've interacted with me for all of a few posts and you're being a smart aleck who thinks she knows something about me when she knows zilch.

And now, since you're being a punk about this, I am going to call you a liar on your claim that you've heard it many times.

Deal with it Dudette, and BUB bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,081,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
If this is all you people have to worry about, count your blessings before your petty hatred gets the best of you.
You're the hater, calling Obama the messiah and a thug and stupid. HAHA And now He's your president! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
What is the proof of Obama's "thug" status? Has he been arrested or something that I never heard of? Has he been violent toward someone that I wasn't aware of? Watch the slander.

What is the proof of his stupidity? Getting into a top school where thousands are denied entrance and on its law review (no small feat as is well known in legal communities)? Getting elected as state senator? Getting elected to the senate? Point out where he made ANY GAFFS during the campaign like your dummy Palin.

I saw raw CONFIDENCE not fear.

AND YES, HE IS THE ONE. HE IS OUR MESSIAH. WE WILL BE STARTING A CHURCH FOR THE ONE. COME TO THE LIGHT. SAID IN A ROBOTIC VOICE (like the robo calls by McCain's camp).
Limbaugh called him a thug today, so I am sure it's just a parroted rendition of that. There's not much original thought in most of these types, so they regurgitate what their Prophets Hannity and Limbaugh the drug addict say.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, you people go to no end to defend this absolute thug, idiot kid, Obama, that you just elected president, and we have proof of his stupidity and thug status.

But you people won't believe what can be proven; only what can't be. Why is that? It's because you think he is some kind of "Messiah".

Now he's President (or will be). Have you seen the way he looks? He looks scared to death.

I'm in total fear for our country.
Please keep revealing your hypocrisy and your psychological projection of your own hatred.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
You seem to be missing the point of the thread entirely. I'm neither turned on nor morally horrified from a biblical perspective (though I'm sure people in her hard core church will find it hypocritcal). However, I could not imagine walking in front of business colleagues in a towel. Its. Just. Not. Done. This is about Ms. Palin's JUDGMENT.

AND MY HUSBAND WOULD BE PISSED! LOL Wasn't Todd the least bit upset by how his wife chose to greet her campaign people?
And this is precisely why I doubt the truthfulness of this smear story. It isn't something I believe she would have done, nor would her husband not have been upset (which of course we have no way of knowing one way or the other).

There were rumors of infighting within the McCain camp prior to his pick of Sarah Palin, and there were rumors when she was picked that some thought that he should have picked someone else. I think there are reasons why some are out to smear her; they don't like those of us who are "Reagan conservative", which Palin is.

Look, the Republican Party elites have been doing there best to silence the Reagan conservatives. They have embraced the so-called "moderates", like McCain (who we call RINO's, but they can't win with them, though they haven't figured that out). The don't want the Sarah Palins in the Party. And that is why they are trying to smear her.

For this reason, I doubt there is any truth at all to these stories. Palin is smarter than that. She does, have a degree, after all, and has risen to the highest political office in Alaska, which I'm sure was no easy task, and you don't get there by being stupid.

Last but, but not least, such criticism is hypocritical on it's face, as there is plenty of audio out there of stupid statements by Obama. But, we don't here the left even mentioning it, do we? The statement about having been to "57 states ... one more to go ... I think", comes to mind. Did the left jump all over that? No. You only heard about that on talk radio and perhaps Fox News. The liberals hid it from public consumption.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
What is the proof of Obama's "thug" status?
You just proved what has been written here: You people on the left will not believe the truth about your candidate even though there is ample documentation of his associations, and activities with radicals; yet you believe this silly stories about Sarah Palin and spread them around as quickly as you can.

Quote:
Has he been arrested or something that I never heard of?
One does not have to have been arrested to qualify for being a "thug". His behavior is enough.

How about pressuring banks and threatening there status (through the provisions of the CRA) to force them to make loans to people who couldn't pay them back? This is one of the things he was doing as a "community organizer" for an affiliate of ACORN. He also worked for Project Vote, also an affiliate of ACORN, which has been for years involved in voter registration fraud to benefit the election of Democrats. These things are all well documented. But you people choose not to believe them.

Quote:
Has he been violent toward someone that I wasn't aware of? Watch the slander.
Yes, do watch the slander!

Quote:
What is the proof of his stupidity? Getting into a top school where thousands are denied entrance and on its law review (no small feat as is well known in legal communities)?
There have been plenty of stupid Obama statements quoted over the course of this campaign (with audio and video to prove there authenticity) that have been at least as bad if not worse, than those things which are being alleged (without proof) to have come from the lips of Sarah Palin.

I might point out that George Bush went to Yale and Harvard, and was a fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard, yet that doesn't seem to count if you're talking about Bush.

Also, the difficulty of getting into a school has nothing to do with anything. Ever hear the statement "it's who you know"?

Quote:
Getting elected as state senator? Getting elected to the senate? Point out where he made ANY GAFFS during the campaign like your dummy Palin.
Getting elected to Governor, and prior to that, Mayor, and prior to that, City Council?

Thank you again for making my point.

His gaffes have been posted all over the Internet in news stories and blogs, and are well documented. Try doing a search. You'll find them.
Quote:
I saw raw CONFIDENCE not fear.
Well, that was not what a couple of pundits on your side saw who said something similar to what I just said (audio clip of their comments played yesterday on talk radio, to the shock of many, because these people helped this guy to victory).

Quote:
AND YES, HE IS THE ONE. HE IS OUR MESSIAH. WE WILL BE STARTING A CHURCH FOR THE ONE. COME TO THE LIGHT. SAID IN A ROBOTIC VOICE (like the robo calls by McCain's camp).

Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,081,684 times
Quote:
Getting elected to Governor, and prior to that, Mayor, and prior to that, City Council?
Just to address one of your silly responses. To me its amusing that anyone would find the experience of a mayor of a town of 6500 people, who then hires a manager to do the actual work and creates a budget deficit, is somehow relevant. And then she is governor of a state of 600,000 people. Do you realize that that is the size of many of our nation's small cities or suburbs?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:31 AM

594 posts, read 1,045,122 times
Still hot.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 AM

493 posts, read 718,285 times
Yeah, I'm thinking that she snapped at that point. O'Reilly asked Cameron if she started to crack and this was one of the stories, along with the temper tantrums he told due to her cracking

Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,260,513 times
Quote:
Well, you people go to no end to defend this absolute thug, idiot kid, Obama, that you just elected president, and we have proof of his stupidity and thug status.

But you people won't believe what can be proven; only what can't be. Why is that? It's because you think he is some kind of "Messiah".

Now he's President (or will be). Have you seen the way he looks? He looks scared to death.

I'm in total fear for our country.
What's this thug thing? I really don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections