Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:36 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
To John McCain,

YouTube - Mika - Happy Ending with lyrics

Love,
brokerdave
:c rying::cry ing::cryin g:
Too funny but right on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:57 PM

881 posts, read 1,588,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
Emotions are still running a bit high from the election. That’s actually reasonable, given the stakes, but such emotion often leads to statements which do not really stand up to inspection, one common to this week being that we have returned to 1976. I understood the analogy right away: A new president replacing a party presumed to be in disgrace, that new president having remarkably little experience but supported by a party in control of both chambers of Congress. [MOD CUT]
My friend, you are brilliant for writing this.

Hussein is set to ruin this country's economy along with Congressional Communists.

I hate to say it, but our country is headed for the crapper. I just hope Conservatives get to scrape by until 2010 so we can re-take the US House and stop the greatest weapon of Mass Destruction ever unleashed in a country: Barack Hussein Obama II.

Quote:
you don't see the flaw in the fact that they voted for his skin and not credentials?
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King said it best: STOP LOOKING AT SKIN COLOR AND LOOK AT CHARACTER!

Americans did not follow his advice and elected a moron. This country is doomed.

Just one thing:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/19/e8/5dfc_1.JPG (broken link)

I will NOT accept any responsibility for Hussein's actions. I supporter McCain 100%.

People who voted Hussein - please do NOT go denying it after Hussein screws up this country. Take responsibility for this **** he is about to toss on the fan!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-09-2008 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 11-09-2008, 08:01 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I doubt he forgot, your link is a different blog from the one I posted above but by the same author....DJ Drummond.
Oh! Thanks meson, I didnt see your post.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:07 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,091 times
Quote:
In 1976, there was hope. In 2008, there is no hope.
They speak English in most of the Canada but French is almost mandatory in Quebec.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I thnik that other than inflation it looks alot like the 70's recession coming. That means high nemployment ahead and a very slow recovery. I see many areas of the country where it could atle 10-15 years or more to turnaround conmsidering the industries there.I definitely see this as much worse than the 80's recession.Hope I am wrong.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:15 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,266 times
Quote:
you don't see the flaw in the fact that they voted for his skin and not credentials?

WHAT ABOUT THE people who vote for mccain based on military?
the individuals suckered into voting for palin/mccain cause shes a woman?

you dont see that do you hell no.....or the fact that people are voting based on party?

Old 11-09-2008, 08:31 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,811,481 times
Quote:
Emotions are still running a bit high from the election. That’s actually reasonable, given the stakes, but such emotion often leads to statements which do not really stand up to inspection, one common to this week being that we have returned to 1976. I understood the analogy right away: A new president replacing a party presumed to be in disgrace, that new president having remarkably little experience but supported by a party in control of both chambers of Congress. [MOD CUT]
I voted for Carter. I didn't vote for obama.

I can't see obama doing any better than Carter ( a vote I regret) -- who shoved us into a deep recession.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-09-2008 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
"In 1976, there was hope. In 2008, there is no hope."

To summarize; a long winded recitation of supposition which has already been rejected, in short sour grapes.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
brokerdave are you DJ Drummond or are you plagiarizing ?

Not 1976 (Wizbang)
That DJ Drummond is the Leni Riefenstahl of the far-right wing Internet. Scary.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,382,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
My friend, you are brilliant for writing this.

Hussein is set to ruin this country's economy along with Congressional Communists.

I hate to say it, but our country is headed for the crapper. I just hope Conservatives get to scrape by until 2010 so we can re-take the US House and stop the greatest weapon of Mass Destruction ever unleashed in a country: Barack Hussein Obama II.

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King said it best: STOP LOOKING AT SKIN COLOR AND LOOK AT CHARACTER!

Americans did not follow his advice and elected a moron. This country is doomed.

Just one thing:

I will NOT accept any responsibility for Hussein's actions. I supporter McCain 100%.

People who voted Hussein - please do NOT go denying it after Hussein screws up this country. Take responsibility for this **** he is about to toss on the fan!
God. Those bumper stickers are back? There's a whole other thread for that, entitled "Is it 1992"?

Funny. I never saw a "Blame Me: I Voted for Bush" bumper sticker...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections