Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:08 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times

Advertisements

But when he is a total disappointment, will they then blame all of the Republicans who didn't talk them out of voting for Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 03:16 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Prediction: Liberals will be disappointed in Obama

Liberals will continue to be disappointed until they get the communist political system they deserve.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
"Regardless, I think the biggest disappointment for most people will be the realization that he represents corporate interests just as much as all other politicians, with a little leeway here and there."

Just as much as a GOP President? Not a chance in hell...... Will he be influenced by corporate interests?...Of course, way more than he should be.

But don't go comparing him to a Republican. The Dems are not 100% in bed with corporations like the GOP is.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 979 times
Anyone who actually thinks Obama will set and enact his own agenda is so delusional, probably through no fault of their own, it's the matrix telling you think that. The agenda was set by the CFR and other think tanks long before Obama bin Biden got into office to enjoy the third Clinton administration. Rahm Emanuel? Sommers? Look at these establishment figures. They don't represent anything but a change of underwear. They are just the latest sock puppets for our owners, the Rockefellers, the Rothschilds, the Morgans et al. Conservative or Liberal, Neo con or Progressive, it's all BS. We are being polarized on purpose while the real agendas are being pushed forward at our expense, literally! We are paying for the privilege of having our futures destroyed by this ruling elite. Look at David Rockefeller's infamous Bilderberg quote: "We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries." - David RockefellerTo that I reply:"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward AbbeyAnd to that I add: Would that it were a government of, by and for the People. Rather it's an outside agency of thugs and mafiosos; an international banking cartel.Until we finally end the FED and take back control of our currency, whether you are are conservative, libertarian, progressive or agnostic, no amount of "Yes we can-can" will make a shred of difference. This entire financial debacle was essentially planned many years ago. Look into it. Read Ellen Brown's 'Web of Debt' for instance. Great book to explain monetary history and how we got here.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:26 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
I predict that the mass-quantities media will continually get caught with their hands in their pants each and every time they see the "sun glinting off of Obama's pectorals"....

Old 01-01-2009, 10:47 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
I predict Barack Obama will be the greatest president of our lifetimes.

He is extremely intelligent. He was a college professor of Constitutional Law. Graduated with high honors from Harvard with a Law Degree.

He is very charismatic. This should help win back the affection foreign people had for the US before Bush totally destroyed it.

He has no hidden agenda. (such as Iraq was for Bush ... who knew? )

As the original poster said ... he is pragmatic. He made excellent choices for his cabinet, including actual scientists. He doesn't discard scientific evidence the way the Bush administration did with Global Warming.

His multi-racial ethinicity is a plus for everyone. It will completely discard the concept of race in policy decisions. All races will feel a sense of connection to Obama.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,781,549 times
In response to the original post:

I have slacked off in reading this forum since the actual election, but, in my point of view, a president who dissapoints both the hardcore liberals and the hardcore conservitives ... will be a great president, in my opinion. Good luck Mr. Obama in doing exactly that.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
Quote:
His multi-racial ethinicity is a plus for everyone. It will completely discard the concept of race in policy decisions. All races will feel a sense of connection to Obama
Even though genetically he is multi-racial, Obama has clearly said many times that he considers himself to be Black.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:36 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, referring to the fact that he incorrectly and racistly blamed 'white' suburban taxpayers for not wanting to fund inner-city schools while he continues to this very day as a Chicago homeowner to enjoy lower tax bills than those same suburban residents who already subsidize 30% of inner-city schools' spending, I believe it's a HUGE stretch to think that he will rationally analyze situations based on facts. He has too much of a history as a partisan racist who conveniently ignores facts when he stands to benefit.
School district policies are local, not national. I could care less if he understands the workings of his local district. I want him to know national issues.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:58 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
In response to the original post:

I have slacked off in reading this forum since the actual election, but, in my point of view, a president who dissapoints both the hardcore liberals and the hardcore conservitives ... will be a great president, in my opinion. Good luck Mr. Obama in doing exactly that.
I agree.

It's when the extremes of either left or right gain control that the nation suffers. I see Obama as a pragmatist who's interested in results. Bush was a retarded idealogue who cared more for appearances and appeasing the religious right than he did in achieving positive ends. We all see the results of his disastrous term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections