Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 01:45 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times

Advertisements

She doesn't appear to be too popular with her fellow Republican Governors at the convention this week. They have tried to keep the spotlight off of her and rightfully so.

She made a speech there and carried on with her stump speech and talked more about Joe the Plumber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 01:51 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
She made a speech there and carried on with her stump speech and talked more about Joe the Plumber.
You mean Joe NOT the Plumber Yeah I heard her speech today, somebody tapped her on the shoulder and told her to shut up!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM

80 posts, read 687,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
She's a curiosity. Having been thrust from relative obscurity into the national spotlight with the hope and expectation that 130+ million people would trust in her to run our country, she never did give us the opportunity to know her.
I am glad she is finally giving me the opportunity to know her. At first, I thought she could be GOP's Obama. Boy, was I wrong! After Bush, I don't think country will ever be in the mood to elect a dumb president again.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:00 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
There are some wonderful one liners:

It happened because John McCain is an incompetent and a cynic and reckless beyond measure.
and
This deluded and delusional woman still doesn't understand what happened to her; still has no self-awareness; and has never been forced to accept her obvious limitations

The world is so much better when Andrew Sullivan comes back to the smart side.

I think that Sarah Palin's biggest fear is that she will be the next Geraldine Ferraro.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:06 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
I think she needs to go home. THe other Governors are trying to find out how they come back and make a stand on the issues and there she is talking about Joe the Plumber. Not any issues we are facing or solutions. PLease go home Sarah.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Default From the Governors' Convention

Oh, yeah!

Said Tim Pawlenty at his RGA luncheon speech: "Drill baby drill by itself is not an energy policy."

GOP Governors debate party's direction at Miami conference
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour warned governors to work in their states before thinking about running for higher office in four years. ''Anybody here tonight who's talking about the 2012 presidential election needs to get their eye on the ball,'' he said. ``We don't need any talk of 2012.'' He said afterward that he was not directing his comments at Palin but at the news media.

Think Progress » GOP Governors Reluctant To Embrace Palin For 2012: She Is Not ‘The Future Of The Party’
CNN: So let me ask you point blank, governor. Is she the future of the party?
MARK SANFORD (SC): I don’t think I’d define it that way. [11/13/08]
TIM PAWLENTY (MN): She [Palin] is going to be one of the voices that will help lead the party for months and years to come, clearly. … I also think it is too early to be talking about 2012. My goodness, we just had an election. People are sick of that. [MSNBC, 11/12/08]
FOX: What do you think her future is?
HALEY BARBOUR (MS): Well, I think the future she’s talking about is 2009 and 2010. [11/13/08]
MATT BLUNT (MO): I think Republican governors were surprised when she [Palin] was selected, but at the same time they were impressed. … There are a lot of great candidates out there for 2012. I don’t think the American people want to — want to hear much about that at this point.[Fox News, 11/13/08]
MSNBC: So broad hints there from Palin again today with reporters, certainly with Matt Lauer. Is that the solution?
JON HUNTSMAN (UT): The solutions are going to be many-fold. You can’t look to one personality in particular. [11/12/08]

Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears when watching Larry King Show last night where he interviewed Sarah. He would ask a simple question for a yes or no answer and she would take the next five minutes taking about so many issues that didn’t have anything to do with the question. Her answers were always 50 words or more and contained several unrelated comments to each of Larry King’s questions. I was at the point about halfway into the interview that I wanted an ice pick jammed into my ears. Can she ever answer with a yes or no, and why must she always tie in Alaska to each question? Sarah please shut up and go away for several years!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,229 times
Why were these Republican governors impressed? It was John McLame that picked her, like anyone really expected much from him. Reps need to get a whole new set of people, cause the ones that ran this year, Huckabee,Guiliani,Romney,McGramps and Caribou Barbie...none were good enough to get national support that would go mainstream.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
She doesn't know any answeres that is why she can only say the same speech she has in her memory. She only has Alaska to talk about. I agree please go home and don't come back out until you read a lot.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:00 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Why were these Republican governors impressed? It was John McLame that picked her, like anyone really expected much from him. Reps need to get a whole new set of people, cause the ones that ran this year, Huckabee,Guiliani,Romney,McGramps and Caribou Barbie...none were good enough to get national support that would go mainstream.
If you read the quotes I posted in #36, it doesn't sound to me like they were all that impressed with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections