Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, my point is that she loves all the attention just as if she's running for Miss Alaska. Tina Fey's impersonation of her wasn't that far off. She should respect the other leaders and learn from them. I guess you didn't even read my post. I was showing that many of the other governors were far more experienced than she, yet she took it upon herself to stand up and speak for the whole group.

I guess 66 million people don't feel that way. 365 electoral votes but I suppose everyone is stupid and just "bought" a bill of goods, huh? Funny that leaders around the world are eager to meet with this "empty suit." Strange that newspapers that had never in over 100 years endorsed a Democrat supported Obama. Interesting that many Republicans who said they never dreamed of voting for a Democrat felt that had to endorse him because he was the best choice for our country. But I guess someone on an internet board knows best.
Insults are unnecessary and unbecoming.
As for Palin speaking, from what I saw broadcast earlier today, she was invited to address to the group. I always worry about people who feel the need to ridicule others.
I have had first hand political experiences in Illinois that you haven't. So, we will check back in a few years into the Obama administration and see how well you think things are going.
As for the court of public opinion, on an international level, I would much prefer a politician that the leaders of other nations don't think they have in their back pocket. Call me crazy, I don't care if "it's cool to be an American again". Cool didn't even work in junior high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 10:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Insults are unnecessary and unbecoming.
I agree. See below.

Quote:
I'll put my intellect up against whatever your thought process might be - any day.
Quote:
So deluded...clearly, a master of all.
Quote:
It's so quick and easy to read the narrow and shallow minds.
Quote:
Amazing, aren't they?
Truly legends in their own minds.
Quote:
Go pollute another thread...........
Quote:
Honestly, as I said on a previous page, I thought there were a few more thinkers on board.
There is no reasoning with the unreasonable. I'll leave it at that.
Quote:
You are extremely judgemental and do not come across as a passionate person, at all. Sorry. Just a hater.
Quote:
You have some anger management issues, seriously. There must be another board where you might be able to seek some much needed assistance. And, no, I am not kidding.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I agree. See below.

Genius, copy and paste...they are all in this thread, so you must have lots of time of your hands, but, maybe, just maybe, before you get all copying and pasting crazy, you might want to read the previous posts and copy them. I was responding in kind.
I was not the one who precipitated the insults. My responses were in defense of some very hatefilled and hurtful things that were posted here and in a personal message.
I did not insult you, at all. I expected the same courtesy. Of course, obviously, that was expecting too much.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:36 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,836 times
Quote:
Genius, copy and paste...they are all in this thread, so you must have lots of time of your hands, but, maybe, just maybe, before you get all copying and pasting crazy, you might want to read the previous posts and copy them. I was responding in kind.
I was not the one who precipitated the insults. My responses were in defense of some very hatefilled and hurtful things that were posted here and in a personal message.
I did not insult you, at all. I expected the same courtesy. Of course, obviously, that was expecting too much.
Telling you in a PM to save your energy because you are on ignore is not hatefilled nor hurtful. But by all means, make up some more stories to try and milk some sympathy.

I looked at your past posts here - outside this thread. You are just as guilty as anyone of dishin' the dirt.

Grow up, accept that you are a hypocrite, and back to iggy with you.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:37 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I agree. See below.
These people truly are not perceptive enough to even notice their own hypocrisy.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,155 times
Quote:
Amusement, talking about other people's children? See, to me, that's not a sport or an amusement. It's an unhealthy obsession and beyond time to move on.
I said nothing about her children, so you can take that straw man back off his post and come up with something more substantial, if you can. Palin is a joke. If you choose to defend her, that's your choice, but it will affect the conclusion I come to about your intelligence.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:42 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
These people truly are not perceptive enough to even notice their own hypocrisy.
That, or they're not smart enough to realize that the "search" function is readily available and easy for the rest of us to use, when necessary.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Actually, it was much easier than copy and paste. But I'm not going to tell you how I did it if you can't figure it out.

Insults are insults, BTW, whether you are "responding" or starting it. Furthermore, you just insulted ME. LOL!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
That, or they're not smart enough to realize that the "search" function is readily available and easy for the rest of us to use, when necessary.
Oh, please. You don't have to search. All that she copied and pasted was right her in this thread, don't give her so much credit. Just go back and read through the posts, that should make easy for you to see how the thread evolved the way it did.
For the first several days of coming to this forum on this board, I just took the cheap shots, didn't attempt to inject humor, just kept providing facts. That did not work.
On the other forums, I am myself. Here, one has to be in attack mode, because the attacks happen regularly, sometimes in posts and sometimes in private messages. It's not pleasant.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 PM

For the last time, Mamma, I didn't copy and paste. I don't have that much patience. I've never sent you a DM, either, so don't sully my name like that. I'm not likely to, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections