Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 03:28 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Bah! Polls don't mean a thing unless they show McCain winning.

Sarah Palin is the most intelligent woman in the world.

And Obama, after losing the election is going to go running back to Kenya to hide his Kenyan birth certificate.

Oh- and he murdered his grandma to cover the "real" reason for his trip to Hawaii.

Sound familiar?
I think the same person wrote both of those a month or so ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Really??? It's not too late to vote for McCain????
I think some believe they can still pull it out and then dump McCain for his running mate.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
It is interesting. I was just thinking, and you will find posts by me that agree with this, I originally thought McCain would be okay and that I could live with either McCain or Obama. I now realize that the major thing that changed my mind (besides Sara Palin) was the posts by the far right folks on this forum. While they were trying to discredit Obama and pick up votes for McCain, they turned me against McCain. Interesting. I wonder how many were turned away because of their posts?
There were a few. At one time the posters were split and by the end any internal poll here was strongly Obama.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM

998 posts, read 1,514,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I could never identify with many of the McCain supporters on this forum.
Me either.

I suspect most of them just voted Republican because they view the whole process as if it were a football game.

It's been leaking out around the edges, since the election was over, that many of them didn't really want McCain as the GOP candidate, many blame him for their loss, so...

Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If the John McCain who delivered the concession speech on November 4th had been the John McCain who ran for president in 2008, I would have had a lot more difficult time in the voting booth.

The speechgiver was McCain 2000. I voted for him in the primary in 2000 before bush hired KKKarl Rove to shoot him out of the saddle, and would have supported him for president.

Palin was good for comic relief, but she really scared a lot of people away from McCain, me included, definitely. I'm glad she's back in Alaska killing turkeys and planning Bristol's wedding. It'll keep her busy and out of the political arena.

Ah... Bristol and Levi ARE getting married, aren't they? Anybody heard anything?
The John MCain of 2000 might well have won. It would have been tough for me to decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections