Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
You're right, she has a journalism degree and a job history as a television newscaster--she really should know better. Seriously, how could she have worked as a newscaster and not known better? Maybe you're right, maybe she did stage it.
I think she staged it......that is what is so bizzare to me.

That guy in the background kept looking over at her while she spoke with the media while this was all going on and that made it even more eerie to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 10:24 AM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
What a trip. Don't get me wrong, I eat meat, and may very well eat one of those slaughtered turkeys next week. But I think it rather odd that she allow herself to be filmed giving a speech in which she knew would air nationally in front of someone slaughtering turkeys. Let's face it, watching animals get killed and bleed is unpleasant for most people.
True that! I didn't know they actually slaughtered the turkeys. I thought they just sliced off a breast and let them grow back, then sliced say a gizzard and a drum from another turkey, and let them grow back, then piece all the parts together and called it a Butterball!

That's just barbaric! You can't eat a good turkey all at once!

Being that Sarah Palin and John McCain lost and can return to what pathetic lives they have left, it's good to see you gracious winners in here are still holding down the fort and contemplating how terrible life would be now had Obama/Biden not won.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Gobble gobble!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:24 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Well I am no fan of Sarah. butit seems i you eat a turkey then what can you say? This is what happens to them, the cows , chickens and so on that you likely consume. Why are you horrified? I choose not to eat meat and havent for 35 years. It all seems pretty barbaric to me.
If this is a thread for vegitarians then I guess I get it. If you eat them and just prefer to be ignorant of what goes on then that seems to be the bigger issue.
She came to support a process she partakes in, I guess that's the roll of a politician. You can probably find her shooting the wolves too. she is anything but a member of any animal rights groups.

Are you wanting a vegi loaf for Thanksgiving now? no meat, no guilt.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Colbert and Stewart must be crying out in anguish. Fresh material (and with a holiday twist) but they don't tape shows on Fridays. But you just know Leno and Letterman are rubbing their palms with glee.
It's still days to go until Thanksgiving. Colbert and Stewart get to think all weekend of ways to squeeze this clip in.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:35 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
anyone noticed how she sounded like a turkey at the very beginning of the video?
I went back to listen and you are so right!! Hilarious.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's still days to go until Thanksgiving. Colbert and Stewart get to think all weekend of ways to squeeze this clip in.
true, but jokes, like turkey, need to be served up fresh. In a few days it will be old and uninteresting. Just like other Thanksgiving leftovers

Old 11-21-2008, 10:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
I wonder, when she's asked about whether it was really such a good idea to pose in front of bloody death, how she'll spin this. I cant think what she could possibly say. Who can she blame?

Old 11-21-2008, 10:48 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I wonder, when she's asked about whether it was really such a good idea to pose in front of bloody death, how she'll spin this. I cant think what she could possibly say. Who can she blame?
She'll just say "I'll havta get right back to ya on that."

Old 11-21-2008, 10:49 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It's important because it reminds the righties of what they tried to do....put one of the most ignorant, incompetent, ego-centric air heads on this planet in a position of power in Washington...a Caribou Barbie, a religious freak, a Wasilla Hillbilla, a dope, an idiot, a beauty pageant tramp....they wanted THAT as VP!!!

Please email Barbie and tell HER she's a non-entity!.....

Meanwhile I'll laugh at the biggest "joke" in America's history!
Ok, sure.

This could only possibly matter to people who don't realize that those of us with lives are sick and tired of the neverending political crap and mud slinging from BOTH sides.

Why don't you find something of substance to get your tail feathers in an uproar about? Instead of chasing down Sarah Palin faux pas, why not channel that anger into making a difference in the world?

Here's some mind boggling statistics that your government, both Democrat and Republican, have been stunningly complicit in for the last 150 years. You want to complain about something? Here you go....

Since the formation of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) under the U.S. War Department in 1824, the situation for the Native Americans has become more and more bleak. Today the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has conditions WORSE than most "3rd World" Countries:

MORTALITY:
  • Lakotah men have a life expectancy of less than 44 years, lowest of any country in the World (excluding AIDS) including Haiti.
  • Lakotah death rate is the highest in the United States.
  • The Lakotah infant mortality rate is 300% more than the U.S. Average.
  • One out of every four Lakotah children born are fostered or adopted out to non-Indian homes.
  • Diseases such as tuberculosis, polio, etc. are present. Cancer is now at epidemic proportions!
  • Teenage suicide rate is 150% higher than the U.S national average for this group.
POVERTY:
  • Median income is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.
  • 97% of our Lakotah people live below the poverty line.
  • Many families cannot afford heating oil, wood or propane and many residents use ovens to heat their homes.
UNEMPLOYMENT:
  • Unemployment rates on our reservations are 80% or higher.
  • Government funding for job creation is lost through cronyism and corruption.
HOUSING:
  • Elderly die each winter from hypothermia (freezing).
  • 1/3 of the homes lack basic clean water and sewage while 40% lack lectricity.
  • 60% of Reservation families have no telephone.
  • 60% of housing is infected with potentially fatal black molds.
  • There is an estimated average of 17 people living in each family home (may only have two to three rooms). Some homes, built for 6 to 8 people, have up to 30 people living in them.
DRUGS AND ALCOHOL:
  • More than half the Reservation’s adults battle addiction and disease.
  • Alcoholism affects 9 in 10 families.
  • Two known meth-amphetamine labs allowed to continue operation. Why?
DISEASE:
  • The Tuberculosis rate on Lakotah reservations is approx. 800% higher than the U.S national average.
  • Cervical cancer is 500% higher than the U.S national average.
  • The rate of diabetes is 800% higher than the U.S national average.
  • Federal Commodity Food Program provides high sugar foods that kill Native people through diabetes and heart disease.
INCARCERATION:
  • Indian children incarceration rate 40% higher than whites.
  • In South Dakota, 21 percent of state prisoners are American Indians, yet they only make up 2% of the population.
  • Indians have the second largest state prison incarceration rate in the nation.
  • Most Indians live on federal reservations. Less than 2% of Indians live where the state has jurisdiction!
THREATENED CULTURE:
  • Only 14% of the Lakotah population can speak the Lakotah language.
  • The language is not being shared inter-generationally. Today, the average age of a fluent Lakotah speaker is 65 years.
  • The Lakotah language is an Endangered Language, on the verge of extinction.
  • The Lakotah language is not allowed to be taught in the U.S. Government schools.
RESERVATION SERVICES
  • Pine Ridge Reservation alone is 4500 square miles, yet has only two ambulances to serve 40,000 people.
  • There is no 911 system
  • There are NO fire departments or rescue crews!

I could go on for pages and pages.....

It never ceases to amaze me that while there are people living well below poverty level within our own borders--largely due to governmental interference by BOTH parties--marginalized--out of sight, out of mind for the majority of their fellow citizens--you people are in here arguing about the relevance of Sarah Palin's interview at a freakin' turkey farm. Unbelievable.

Well, it turns out that the "biggest joke in America's history" has to be the one played by the U.S. government on the Native American people.

Real funny.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Well I am no fan of Sarah. butit seems i you eat a turkey then what can you say? This is what happens to them, the cows , chickens and so on that you likely consume. Why are you horrified? I choose not to eat meat and havent for 35 years. It all seems pretty barbaric to me.
If this is a thread for vegitarians then I guess I get it. If you eat them and just prefer to be ignorant of what goes on then that seems to be the bigger issue.
She came to support a process she partakes in, I guess that's the roll of a politician. You can probably find her shooting the wolves too. she is anything but a member of any animal rights groups.

Are you wanting a vegi loaf for Thanksgiving now? no meat, no guilt.
Oh for Pete's sake! How many times, how many ways does this have to be stated.

Kill the danm bird! I don't like turkey but will eat it when someone else cooks it. The majority of posters don't care that the turkey was killed. Giving an interview on film while a turkey is being slaughtered in the back ground is BIZARRE, it is not what a 'normal' person would do, unless the topic is '..and this is how we kill a turkey', this video is just another example of the joke known as Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin either makes you laugh, , or

she drives you crazy, or she

makes you makes you puke

What she can't make you do is elect her to the office of VPOTUS, let alone POTHUS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections