Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

There are too many positives one can list as to why an Obama Presidency is cause for great joy. Some of them are he is NOT John McCain, he can SPEAK COHERENTLY after the past 8 mumbling/bumbling years of Pres. Bush, but I think the greatest immediate benefit is an immediate infusion of HOPE into a completely dispirited country, disgusted by corruption, incompetence and lies.

No more Cheney. No more Bush. No McCain/Palin. All three of these would give hope regardless, but it is made all the more sweeter with the arrival of someone on the world stage who we can be proud of, not embarrassed or ashamed of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 PM

51 posts, read 153,309 times
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson can get real jobs and quit race baiting now that we have a black President...and...yup thats it!

Oh and the overwhelming HOPE that will sweep the country and the sunshine and rainbows that will fall from the sky like snowflakes at the arrival of our messiah. I literally just threw up sparkles at the mention of Obamamessiah.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:05 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Oh, how about the wonderfully beneficial and always entertaining (a la SNL) "I am pretending I'm the President even though it's not yet January" press conferences?
This will, indeed, be a very long four years and we haven't even had Inaguration Day.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Consumer and Market confidence.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
hope is the word well said. the world has hope for the 1st time. he might be able to make a difference. struggling to stay afloat is much better than sinking to the bottom of the swimming pool smiling.
thank you mr obama thank you american people.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:13 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,728 times
I, for one, am going to stop making any mortgage payments, because I heard Obama was going to make all that bad stuff go away. I also plan to stop paying for groceries.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanhandleOkie View Post
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson can get real jobs and quit race baiting now that we have a black President...and...yup thats it!

Oh and the overwhelming HOPE that will sweep the country and the sunshine and rainbows that will fall from the sky like snowflakes at the arrival of our messiah. I literally just threw up sparkles at the mention of Obamamessiah.

Good to see you onboard. Here's your sparkler, I lit it for you.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
I, for one, am going to stop making any mortgage payments, because I heard Obama was going to make all that bad stuff go away. I also plan to stop paying for groceries.
1 in 3 americans is obese. dont do it for too long but short fasts are good. hope is an american quality, right wing posters dont do hope, hope is not part of the program.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
1 in 3 americans is obese. dont do it for too long but short fasts are good. hope is an american quality, right wing posters dont do hope, hope is not part of the program.
So does this mean I'll have competition for the free groceries? Dang it!

On a serious note, I don't know how the fact of "President Elect Obama" could possibly be having any real effect - positively or negatively - on anybody. He's not President yet. I FEEL great after I take a good dump, but that doesn't mean much. And I FEEL bad after I've eaten too much tasty cranberry relish, but that doesn't mean much either.

That said, I do hope Obama does a great job as President.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Oh, how about the wonderfully beneficial and always entertaining (a la SNL) "I am pretending I'm the President even though it's not yet January" press conferences?
This will, indeed, be a very long four years and we haven't even had Inaguration Day.
Oh be quiet. Nothing compared to long eight years of Bush and his lies.

Obama has not even got into office yet and people are already ripping on him. Christ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections