Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 AM

167 posts, read 453,526 times

Advertisements

I am very disappointed in Obama's .

The Middle East is what our country needs to concentrate in and I feel a man would be a better choice as Secretary of State? What do you feel?

Also, not happy about Arizona's Governor Janet Napolitano as Home Land Security. For someone who couldn't maintain security with Mexico, kinda scary she will be in charge of the whole country. I feel she is a lousy Governor as she flip/flops.

I am glad that Gates will stay on for awhile anyway.

Oh, well. I hope for the best as we can't afford politics as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasulady View Post
Very disappointed in some of Obama's choice of cabinet members. What do you think?
I think you can't please everyone, nor should an incoming POTUS try.

If I had the job, I probably would have made a few different choices. But guess what, I'm not PE. I also think the choices he made will do a good job, and that's the important thing.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:

The Middle East is what our country needs to concentrate in and I feel a man would be a better choice as Secretary of State? What do you feel?

Also, not happy about Arizona's Governor Janet Napolitano as Home Land Security. For someone who couldn't maintain security with Mexico, kinda scary she will be in charge of the whole country. I feel she is a lousy Governor as she flip/flops.

Most of his appointments have met with approval from BOTH sides...and I agree.

Politicas "as usual" would include thinking a MAN can do a better job!

The Middle East will be dealing with a person representing the United States, with all the power and authority behind them.....I doubt any Middle East leader will choose to disregard our SOS because it's female.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Wow, what a sexist a post. Why would a "man" be better as SOS? To debate his choices is ok but to base them on sex is absurd..

Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,909 times
Quote:

Were you disappointed when Bush named Condoleeza Rice as SOS?

Would you have been disappointed if McCain were PE and he nominated a woman?

Or are you just sniping because Obama is in the position to make these choices?

Old 12-01-2008, 11:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Can't please everybody.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times
Pirate Girl beat me to the "Condi Rice" question, but I couldn't rep you until I spread it around.

What people (all people, not just those in the ME) respect is truth, honesty and RESPECT GIVEN. The current administration understood NOTHING (and had no interest in learning) about the cultures in the ME and the various regional differences among, and long term alliances between different parties over there.

Just imagine if we'd had John McCain (Iran is training Sunnis) making the choice! That is truly frightening.

One of the things that Republicans in this country always said about HRC is that she had a pair of b**ls on her. Now she's not tough enough? You can't have it both ways.

golfgod

Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,923 times
I think Hillary was a poor choice for the Secretary of State, but we'll see how it pans out. I would have preferred Richardson or Kerry given they actually have foreign policy experience. Hillary would have been perfect for a healthcare oriented position.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,406,561 times
I agree with the last post. I don't see why Hillary has such experience for this job. Being First Lady is not the same as a job, otherwise we'd all be voting for Laura Bush.
Maybe there's some real goodwill from the Big Dog days around the world. Otherwise, I think she'd make a great HHS secretary or something. I'm quite disappointed.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I agree with the last post. I don't see why Hillary has such experience for this job. Being First Lady is not the same as a job, otherwise we'd all be voting for Laura Bush.
Maybe there's some real goodwill from the Big Dog days around the world. Otherwise, I think she'd make a great HHS secretary or something. I'm quite disappointed.
PUH-lease don't compare Hillary with Laura...Yes, they both have first lady experience but that's ALL Laura The Vapid has.
If you do a resume check on Hillary I think you'll find she is quite qualified.

Have you heard that she's a Senator now?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections