Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,584 times

Advertisements

I have heard so much Bush bashing on this increasingly liberal forum in the past few months, and I am just so tired of it. I do not know how you can blame ONE MAN for the economic collapse.

Do you blame Bush for ANY of the following?
  1. The Automakers who continued to make large, gas consuming cars even though they were well aware that gas would fluctuate rapidly in a time of war and a time of the green movement? How can Bush be to blame for these auto companies decisions?
  2. The banks who loaned money to people barely making minimum wage to buy a dream house or a new car. How is Bush at fault for this? If anything, it is the democrats who pushed for easier credit so that minorities could buy houses on risky loans; these are the houses that are being foreclosed on.
Bush is just ONE man, and over the past 3 years (when everything has gone array in our government) it was not the Republicans who had control, but rather the DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!!!!! The president has only had 33% of the control over the past 3 years, Democrats have had 67% of the control in our government. They have more power, they need more of the blame!

This president is getting way too much heat for the current situation, and the completely powerful Democrats are getting none of it. Pelosi/Reed and their crew is completely at blame for this, actually most of the blame rests on their faulty congress.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Not only do I sit here laughing at how ridiculous you all sound (as if you have never taken a political 101 course) because anyone would know that the power is split in 3 ways, and the Democrats have control of 2/3 of that. Its their fault!

I am pretty sure that Obama will not be a successful president. In a sense, we are passing the torch from one political moron (Bush) to another (Obama) because neither is the most qualified to lead anything.

Maybe one day, you guys will realize how little power the president actually has. Bush should not be blamed because some McDonald's worker walked into a bank and took out a million dollar loan for a house, but you guys are making it out to be as if he is.

Just give it a rest. You guys just look like mentally impaired political retards who have no clue how our government is run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 04:14 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times
I think both sides do their fair share of retarded finger pointing....but the Bush one is really getting old.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:22 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think both sides do their fair share of retarded finger pointing....but the Bush one is really getting old.
I would say it was pretty fair BEFORE the election, but since then this forum has gone completely liberal. Last April, it was pretty split; Liberal/Conservative. Now, its totally unbalanced and it is just wayyyyyy to liberal and I am sick and tired of hearing how bad Bush is and great Obama is. It just gets old.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Agreed.

And you really think it is JUST liberals? If that is the case, then 80 percent of the nation is Liberal since only around 20 percent approves of Bush.

Republicans=failed logic.

And I can see why people point their finger at him. He is beyond horrible and he was a shame to America. And your status, very cute. Typical of Republican crybabies.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:52 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Agreed.

And you really think it is JUST liberals? If that is the case, then 80 percent of the nation is Liberal since only around 20 percent approves of Bush.

Republicans=failed logic.

And I can see why people point their finger at him. He is beyond horrible and he was a shame to America. And your status, very cute. Typical of Republican crybabies.
You mean like the crybaby who is crying her eyes out about Christmas?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
You mean like the crybaby who is crying her eyes out about Christmas?
You know, I have been ignoring your posts because I feel that someone who said he is a dad would have more maturity and understanding of a younger person who is going through college. I am not saying you should be all nice to me simply because of this but I expected a logical person to think "Oh? She is only in college...maybe she has not yet seen the other side" instead of constantly picking on me. You show no logic, no understanding of any other view except for your religious view. I would expect you of all people to have some respect for other peoples opinions. Figure though. Christian-Republicans usually are like you.

Just because I said my belief of "Christmas" being celebrated, you have been shredding me apart. And I did not cry over "Christmas". I just stated that everything should NOT be shut down that day. I respect it if people want to celebrate the birth of Jesus of whatever but why should I have to take the day off especially when I am denied days off when my religions observations around?

You are always on this forum. Don't you have other things to do? Like mature and go home and be a dad instead of picking on people whose opinions differ from you? To have someone your age who claims he is a dad, you sure don't act like one. Most men I have met who are dads would not call someone that they knew was a kid (in your words) a crybaby and constantly pick on them.

Simple as this: Leave me alone. Man up. Accept the fact that others have different beliefs and that I do not celebrate "Christmas". Deal with it that all religions are equal and ALL holidays should be celebrated if "Christmas" is.

I tried to stay civil and not reply to your posts that are obviously bashing me but now you are really going too far. At least I know I have more maturity than a man who claims he is a dad.

Leave me alone or if you have to debate with me/make a point, make it more mature please.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
You know, I have been ignoring your posts because I feel that someone who said he is a dad would have more maturity and understanding of a younger person who is going through college. I am not saying you should be all nice to me simply because of this but I expected a logical person to think "Oh? She is only in college...maybe she has not yet seen the other side" instead of constantly picking on me. You show no logic, no understanding of any other view except for your religious view. I would expect you of all people to have some respect for other peoples opinions. Figure though. Christian-Republicans usually are like you.

Just because I said my belief of "Christmas" being celebrated, you have been shredding me apart. And I did not cry over "Christmas". I just stated that everything should NOT be shut down that day. I respect it if people want to celebrate the birth of Jesus of whatever but why should I have to take the day off especially when I am denied days off when my religions observations around?

You are always on this forum. Don't you have other things to do? Like mature and go home and be a dad instead of picking on people whose opinions differ from you? To have someone your age who claims he is a dad, you sure don't act like one. Most men I have met who are dads would not call someone that they knew was a kid (in your words) a crybaby and constantly pick on them.

Simple as this: Leave me alone. Man up. Accept the fact that others have different beliefs and that I do not celebrate "Christmas". Deal with it that all religions are equal and ALL holidays should be celebrated if "Christmas" is.

I tried to stay civil and not reply to your posts that are obviously bashing me but now you are really going too far. At least I know I have more maturity than a man who claims he is a dad.

Leave me alone or if you have to debate with me/make a point, make it more mature please.
So what you're really saying is that you want to be able to spout off hateful rants, where you relentlessly bash people you don't like - but you demand to be able to do it with immunity.

You've got a LOT to learn about life.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
So what you're really saying is that you want to be able to spout off hateful rants, where you relentlessly bash people you don't like - but you demand to be able to do it with immunity.

You've got a LOT to learn about life.
See, there you go again. I have dealt with many people on this forum who I do not agree with but NONE of them have come to your level, no offense. I even made friends with 2 or 3 of them and we talk. I never thought it would happen but it did.

And I did not bash anyone for their belief. I may not agree with it and say it as you can tell on my stances on abortion and gay marriage but I have never ever said anything bad about Jesus or Christianity as a religion.

And like I said, if you do not have anything mature to debate about with me, please don't bother talking to me.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
See, there you go again. I have dealt with many people on this forum who I do not agree with but NONE of them have come to your level, no offense. I even made friends with 2 or 3 of them and we talk. I never thought it would happen but it did.

And I did not bash anyone for their belief. I may not agree with it and say it as you can tell on my stances on abortion and gay marriage but I have never ever said anything bad about Jesus or Christianity as a religion.

And like I said, if you do not have anything mature to debate about with me, please don't bother talking to me.
So you're getting repeatedly trounced.

Well, that's what tends to happen when somebody with far more opinions than facts comes onto a forum and starts blasting away and bashing people.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
So you're getting repeatedly trounced.

Well, that's what tends to happen when somebody with far more opinions than facts comes onto a forum and starts blasting away and bashing people.
That is your belief that I have more opinions than facts. Keyword:BELIEF. And like I said, I did not blast away or bash anyone. Your opinion.

And the only person who repeatedly trouncing on me is you. No one else.

Act your age. This is shameful behavior for someone your age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections