Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Typical hate-mongering, glass half empty mentality.

Typical "let's cry hate and make baseless accusations 'cause we got nothin' else" mentality

And by the way, Bush's last day is far from glass half empty , it's a FULL glass day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
LOL Bush's term was up; Obama didn't oust anyone.

Of course I know that, ( I do occasionally read Newspapers and watch the News, I can even read and write a little... ) but he has ousted an era and a wind of fresh air is blowing through the Capitol today...

Ousting Bush /his administration/ other Republicans is to me pretty much the same. Good riddance to bad rubbish. The idea of Palin as vice President of the "free wolrd" would be quite hilarious if it was not so tragic. Lucky escape there.

Obama has kept the likes of Palin the moron at bay and is seeing off the Texan Idiot from his home of 8 years and what a glorious day !

I call that ousting and giving the Republican party a pretty strong message and its marching orders. Bush is the most unpopular President ever at home and abroad and has been thoroughly disowned even by a lot of his own people.

Considering how Conservative most Americans seem to be I would call that a minor Miracle, a triumph and a credit to Obama's charisma, eloquence and intelligence.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Honestly, Obama has given me the hope that things in this country can get better. Whether that will be, who knows, but it will certainly be better than the last 8 years of warmongering, cronyism, corporate welfare, and the just out and out stupidity of our LAST president.

President Obama, I wish you the best.
That about sums it up. I'm excited to see what happens when decency and competency reinhabits the White House.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 AM

602 posts, read 1,962,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
That about sums it up. I'm excited to see what happens when decency and competency reinhabits the White House.
Then you've got a few years to wait.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
(snip) I open this thread as a service to invite you to make positive remarks on how the new President of the US has improved your life.
Well, considering the fact that he's only been our president for 46 minutes thus far and hasn't even gotten into his car yet to leave his own inauguration, perhaps we can give it a little time before answering that question?

He's been president for less than an hour, exactly how many improvements is he expected to make in that time?

It took the previous president MONTHS to change the lives of people around the world by 1) ignoring threats and warnings to allow airplanes to kill masses of people and 2) start a war. Can Obama have a few months to make his own form of change? (Warning: It could be dramatically different from the one I just outlined. Ah well, we'll just have to get used to it, eh?)

Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

And by the way, Bush's last day is far from glass half empty , it's a FULL glass day!
I believe it. Bush spent a large portion of his life carrying around a full glass, at least as far as reports go.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:37 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I've seen many bumper stickers that say 1-20-09 "Bush's Last Day". Today that day has finally arrived. For those of you who think the President in this country possesses imperial powers, I open this thread as a service to invite you to make positive remarks on how the new President of the US has improved your life. Any and all comments are encouraged. Since the perception of many is that politicians have the power through legislation, or even through a powerful speech, can uplift and improve the lives of the masses, I start this thread with the hopes of drawing out those fervrent Obama supporters who think that only he can bring about positive change necessary to improve the lives of individuals.

Perhaps the moderator can make this thread a sticky!
What he did for me today was to give me a vision of Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond dropping dead again if they have tv in Hell.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:52 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourChild View Post
Then you've got a few years to wait.
Bitter til the end.

I love it.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:58 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Obama does not have to do anything except be Obama! The messiah has arrived. Everything is going to be great from today forward....

Old 01-20-2009, 12:03 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Obama does not have to do anything except be Obama! The messiah has arrived. Everything is going to be great from today forward....
LOL wah wah wah.

Boo hahaha.

Cry baby, you lost for a reason. You're party has run this beautiful country into the ground. Have you not noticed how horrific things look 8 years after a Repub administration took office? Be happy our political messiah has arrived!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections