Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
If thats your logic then why aren't you in Iraq!
And why aren't you in Mexico trying to fix your own country?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:10 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Who said I'm mexican? Sorry I was born and raised righ here in the good old USA! Mexican is my mothers heritage and its what helped me to become a productive US citizen! By the way you are polluting the internet with your prejudice and ignorance!

Old 01-24-2009, 11:10 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
And you know he isn't American how?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Obama will disappoint them enough....

I look at it like this,the young have never known anything but Bush and Clinton and probably paid no attention in the Clinton years.

This was their first chance to 'do something' and be 'part of a movement' and they were quite enthusiastic.

But once the euphoria subsides and they discover Obama is just another lying politician they will be bitter...even moreso when he is making them work.
They will decide that themselves. Just as in the primary and in the general election they weighed the presentations, looked at the supporters for each candidate and they decided who they wanted to associate with. That is democracy and on Nov 4 they/we prevailed and that is of historical record.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Who said I'm mexican? Sorry I was born and raised righ here in the good old USA! Mexican is my mothers heritage and its what helped me to become a productive US citizen! By the way you are polluting the internet with your prejudice and ignorance!
Your alias says it, you aren't referring to yourself as an American now are you. You'll do as much for this country as the one you abandoned.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And you know he isn't American how?
When someone refers to themselves as laMexican, I think we can safely assume that person is not exactly patriotic to the USA, but to Mexico. When someone who abandoned Mexico, will not go and fight for liberty and freedom and work for reform in the country they put first, they have no right to question an American for not being in Iraq. Mexico-firsters don't exactly put their country first when it comes to working to make a place they can be proud to stay in.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Your alias says it, you aren't referring to yourself as an American now are you. You'll do as much for this country as the one you abandoned.
Read my post again with your glasses on! You are typical chicken hawk, duck out in the middle of it all because your argument is so thin! and come back later when you think no one is looking and throw your racist ignorant remark!

Old 01-24-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Read my post again with your glasses on! You are typical chicken hawk, duck out in the middle of it all because your argument is so thin! and come back later when you think no one is looking and throw your racist ignorant remark!

I didn't duck out of Mexico and then refer to myself as laMexican. I'm in my country, I work and pay my taxes in the country I love. I'm not abandoning it for dollars elsewhere.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
When someone refers to themselves as laMexican, I think we can safely assume that person is not exactly patriotic to the USA, but to Mexico. When someone who abandoned Mexico, will not go and fight for liberty and freedom and work for reform in the country they put first, they have no right to question an American for not being in Iraq. Mexico-firsters don't exactly put their country first when it comes to working to make a place they can be proud to stay in.
The only thing ive abandoned is my objectivity of opinions from people like yourself!

Old 01-24-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I didn't duck out of Mexico and then refer to myself as laMexican. I'm in my country, I work and pay my taxes in the country I love. I'm not abandoning it for dollars elsewhere.
Typical right wing tactic! Can't win the argument because they are in the wrong so they try to attack the person giving opposing view!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.