Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:31 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
There is the race again. Just because he is black does not mean he gives a crap about obama. Its not the race its the content of his character, wow I quoted King and I dont even like him.
Hum ... every black I know said this inaugural was special because of Obama. Every black I saw on TV, even Condi Rice and Colin Powell highlighted how important it was that we elected a black. Every photo of the inauguration that had black citizens - they were crying or hugging or dancing or cheering.

Some guy on the intertubes who claims to not like MLK tells me that I'm out of line for making that assumption.

Well, I guess I should go with Mr. Unknown Conservative Guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 03:07 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,019,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Why is Clarence Thomas sleeping during the inauguration?
He was the only one smart enough to be actually doing something worthwhile during that entire dog & pony show.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
At least it sure looks like he is. You know, they say Thomas hardly ever speaks during oral arguments, I've always put that down to Thomas's relative stupidity compared to the other justices and the fact that Scalia can't tell him what to say or think during such sessions.

Perhaps I was wrong, maybe Thomas has a case of narcolepsy going on..or maybe the Republicans in this SC are just plain ridiculous...one screws up the oath, another one sleeps through it.

How I Made a 1,474-Megapixel Photo During President Obama’s Inaugural Address | David Bergman -- ALL ACCESS -- sports, concert, and music photographer
Can't say that I blame him if he was. It had to be the worst inauguration in American history, so boring, his speech was just awful, and that "poet"! And they way over spent. What does that tell us?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
He's as "best qualified" as was Dan Quayle, and picked by the same president. Neither deserved any of it. Bush Sr. was being quite cynical with both.
I suspect he's sleeping because he's bored or tired. Great to know that he might do so during cases, too. Where's his pride in his position? Anyone who is inadequate can end up in a high place, but it would be something if he/she rises to the occasion. Doesn't appear to be a Bush tradition. (see under: Harry Truman, Gerald Ford.)
No. Dan Quayle had brains, and I'm sure Quayle knows we have 50 states, not 57!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:59 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No. Dan Quayle had brains, and I'm sure Quayle knows we have 50 states, not 57!
Yeah, he was a smart one..here's a few of his more memorable quotes:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"Unfortunately, the people of Louisiana are not racists."

"It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

Dan Quayle Quotes

Old 01-23-2009, 05:04 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,525,636 times
Maybe he was big time wondering "Who put the pubic hair in my coffee this morning?"

Old 01-23-2009, 05:04 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,406 times
Maybe he was praying.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:48 PM

112 posts, read 173,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
He's not a bright man, and he's definitely, provably guilty of the charges that Anita Hill testified about, but ...

I'd like to see a couple of pictures to believe that he slept through this. It was an important day for blacks. I can't believe he slept.

I think he is a very smart man when you consider the choices he had...

Old 01-23-2009, 05:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times
Quote:
At least it sure looks like he is. You know, they say Thomas hardly ever speaks during oral arguments, I've always put that down to Thomas's relative stupidity compared to the other justices and the fact that Scalia can't tell him what to say or think during such sessions.

Perhaps I was wrong, maybe Thomas has a case of narcolepsy going on..or maybe the Republicans in this SC are just plain ridiculous...one screws up the oath, another one sleeps through it.

How I Made a 1,474-Megapixel Photo During President Obama’s Inaugural Address | David Bergman -- ALL ACCESS -- sports, concert, and music photographer
He was bored to death?

Old 01-23-2009, 05:57 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
He was the only one smart enough to be actually doing something worthwhile during that entire dog & pony show.

That was funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections