Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians

President Hamid Karzai condemned a U.S. operation he said killed 16 Afghan civilians, while hundreds of villagers denounced the American military during an angry demonstration Sunday.

In Laghman's capital, hundreds of angry demonstrators denounced the U.S. military Sunday and demanded an end to overnight raids. U.S. military leaders, victims' relatives and Afghan officials — including two top Karzai advisers — met at the governor's compound to discuss the issue, Gov. Latifullah Mashal said.

Welcome to the world of today Obama and his supporters. It is not that simple anymore.
Wait, the world doesn't instantly love us after already 6, count them, six, days in office for Obama?

Weird...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Everything is going to be blamed on Bush.
Easy on blaming Bush..he was a good president...and watch Obama choke!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with your analogy. Unfortunately, we are in so deep that we have no choice but to do all that we can to fix the chaotic mess that our presence helped to create in that country.
Please define "fix" in this context.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Whatever happens now is on Obama's watch no matter if Bush started it. Actually, the hijackers started it with the planes.
And not one was from Iraq.
Ask the families of the 4,200+ dead soldiers, the over 35,000 critically wounded soldiers, the dead and wounded coalition forces and the over 100,000 dead Iraqis.

If you're so gung ho for the war, send your kids, or go yourself.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ask the families of the 4,200+ dead soldiers, the over 35,000 critically wounded soldiers, the dead and wounded coalition forces and the over 100,000 dead Iraqis.

I'm one of those families, I lost my brother in Iraq and I don't blame Bush or Obama I blame the lunatic that killed him.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:38 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
I think the world did and does like HIM (Obama) , I am not sure about the collective us.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:00 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

I have had someone in my family over there. Have you? My boss has a husband there now, and one of my daughter's classmates lost a father there a few yrs. ago. I come from a long line of service people, male and female. They understand the risks.

So, they were from Arabia. Why hasn't Obama focused his efforts on a fight there instead of Afghanistan if we are trying to get down to brass tacks here.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM

283 posts, read 597,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Easy on blaming Bush..he was a good president...and watch Obama choke!
Exactly, I cant wait to see a attack on Obama's watch being blamed on Bush.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:26 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I have had someone in my family over there. Have you? My boss has a husband there now, and one of my daughter's classmates lost a father there a few yrs. ago. I come from a long line of service people, male and female. They understand the risks.

So, they were from Arabia. Why hasn't Obama focused his efforts on a fight there instead of Afghanistan if we are trying to get down to brass tacks here.
Because the hijackers acted alone, they did not act under the instructions of the Royal Saudi family or the local government.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 PM

503 posts, read 937,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Blame that on Bush.

Great Idea, Bush should also be blamed for: hurricans, forest fires, job loss and "global warming" (which doesnt exist). Libs want to blame bush for all of these issues, I dont think they realize how much power they are claiming Bush has, if he can change the minds of the people of the world, change the climate and singlehandedly destroy the world economy; not even The Messiah has that much power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections