Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM

147 posts, read 427,645 times

Advertisements

If I didn't pay my taxes for four years...I wonder if they would waive the fines, let me pay two of the four off and make me the head of the IRS. Get ready for a pounding folks. Can the economy get any worse "YES IT CAN", can the new administration raise your taxes and give it to the less fortunate "YES THEY CAN". Change baby...Change.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,863 times
Does he live in the Triangle?

Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 PM

147 posts, read 427,645 times
Does he have to live in the Triangle to effect the life of everyone in the Triangle. Didn't know I was violating the rules....forgive.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:24 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Geithner's tax mistake is nothing compared to Joe "the Plumber's" tax crimes. Don't you have access to any reliable media sources?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:04 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchess View Post
If I didn't pay my taxes for four years...I wonder if they would waive the fines, let me pay two of the four off and make me the head of the IRS. Get ready for a pounding folks. Can the economy get any worse "YES IT CAN", can the new administration raise your taxes and give it to the less fortunate "YES THEY CAN". Change baby...Change.

Ken
Geithner can pay his back taxes to the government and I say he gets audited for the next 10 years ... no bearing on my taxes at all.

What Paulson did for his country club buddies with MY tax money is going to never be seen again. It's *poof* gone.

So what Geithner did was pure arrogant idiocy on his part, but again, he can pay it back ... Paulson and the Congress that endowed the biggest free money grab in history won't.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:14 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Geithner's tax mistake is nothing compared to Joe "the Plumber's" tax crimes. Don't you have access to any reliable media sources?
Joe wasn't under consideration to be Treasury Secretary.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchess View Post

Ken
Guess once again you are on the side with the wrong bridge. My side goes somewhere I guess you live on the side with the Bridge To Nowhere. Oh well, hopefully you are adaptive and will be able to adjust otherwise life could be miserable for awhile.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
I'm just glad he can get to work. We've got some enormous problems to deal with and he's the best guy for the job right now. In another time I'd be more concerned about finding someone who's pure, but right now we've got work to do. While this issue may make me roll my eyes, he still is the only person I know who has the competency to get us through an extremely difficult challenge. In a few years, when we get through the storm, we can diddle around searching for someone who's pure and yet able to do the job. Maybe by then such a person will exist.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
Thats why this country will never get back to it's greatness again because all the idiots want to dwell on bull#&%$ like this and what he did and what she didnt do. FOCUS on the problems of the nation!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Joe wasn't under consideration to be Treasury Secretary.
Hey now - let's not be confusing these poor Liberals with pesky little things like facts, common sense, and logic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections