Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
As a hard-line conservative who voted several times outside mainstream party lines, I have to say that sentimental junk like this will be the death of liberals. The only thing closely resembling political merchandise in my house is a framed picture of Reagan above my desk. No amount of buttons, books, shirts, plates or dildoes (HEAD O STATE) can possibly save poor governance. Public servants deserve respect, not full-blown worship.
So I can't wear an Obama hat or stick an Obama bumper sticker to my car during the election to show my loyalty to my candidate? And if I do, that signifies the death of liberals? So what will be the death of Republicans? Thomas Kinkade paintings and those little angel statues you can buy on QVC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I buy his philosophy and governance not collectibles from a vendor.
Either way, it's all crap.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:33 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
There is no love, but there is respect, something I haven't felt for a president in a long time. JFK was probably the last, and I was in high school then.
Was this a joke?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Was this a joke?
Heh, I was wondering that, too. I want to hear about the meltdown when he/she found out that JFK was a nympho who constantly cheated on Jackie. Or is that something the libs respect?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:51 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, I was wondering that, too. I want to hear about the meltdown when he/she found out that JFK was a nympho who constantly cheated on Jackie. Or is that something the libs respect?
This is the problem with conservatives, JFK was a great president and I don't give a f*** if he cheated on his wife, because he was a great president. Conservatives don't care if a president is terrible(Bush) as long as they cover up their mistakes.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:50 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
The only thing I bought was 40 Obama cookies. The day after the election, my wife and I placed one cookie in each mail box of our co-workers. The liberals appreciated them. The conservatives enjoyed biting off his head.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Nope, we'll soon enough be scrapping for radishes from the cold hard ground once he's done with us. There will be no time, money or longing for handmade idols.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
This stimulus package is a little souvenir that we will carry with us for many years to come. I don't think most Americans will forget this presidency any time soon.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
This is the problem with conservatives, JFK was a great president and I don't give a f*** if he cheated on his wife, because he was a great president. Conservatives don't care if a president is terrible(Bush) as long as they cover up their mistakes.
JFK was thought of as great only posthumously.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How many of you have actually bought Obama collectibles? Do any of you think that they will increase in value? Some are being sold by sketchy companies, like the ones pushing 9-11 collectibles. Have any of you bought these coins?

LiveLeak.com - Obama Commemorative Coin Rip-Off
sounds like another wall-street scam...where people are taken for ride...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections