Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Live in Texas and you will realize what a disaster this program was. Illegal aliens are transported in the backs of trucks as are illegal drugs.

The trucks often do not meet minimum safety standards--bald tires, etc. At least one truck that I know of since 1993 got into Texas with a load of dead Mexicans in it--they died after being transported and being left in the back of the truck--locked in--in the hot Texas summer sun.

This has not kept us safe.
I hate to tell you this but Pelosi and Obama are about to give amnesty to all the illegals here now. That guarantees them 12-20 million new votes. Trucks entering to bring in goods to the US pales in comparison to what they have planned next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
It's okay. Soon we'll ignore the border and be one happy hugging country. Oh yeah, we already ignore the border.
Ignoring the border is nothing compared to what MS Pelosi has in store for the legal US citizens. Say hello to your new brothers and sisters from Mexico. Amnesty rules!

Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Live in Texas and you will realize what a disaster this program was. Illegal aliens are transported in the backs of trucks as are illegal drugs.

The trucks often do not meet minimum safety standards--bald tires, etc. At least one truck that I know of since 1993 got into Texas with a load of dead Mexicans in it--they died after being transported and being left in the back of the truck--locked in--in the hot Texas summer sun.

This has not kept us safe.
I agree 100% - allowing Mexican truckers into the US was a terrible decision - with their deplorable safety record - many Americans would have died - and American truckers would be put out of business.

Go Obama!!! Now THIS is the kind of Change I voted for!!!

And Mexico ought to realize it has much more to lose in a trade war with us than we do with them. They better watch out about slamming tariffs on our products - because if we do the same to them - their economy comes to a grinding halt...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:11 AM

707 posts, read 1,022,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Me too. Glad I was not invested in Wall Street when Obama took the reigns.

so i take it you weren't invested in 2008 either? Thats when the stock market tanked not 2009...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I hate to tell you this but Pelosi and Obama are about to give amnesty to all the illegals here now. That guarantees them 12-20 million new votes. Trucks entering to bring in goods to the US pales in comparison to what they have planned next.

where was that written? I didn't see that reported ANYWHERE...backup please or is this an assumption? Another poster accused democrats of fear mongering, but the statement above is a clear indication that this is coming from both sides.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Um why are other countries trucks coming into our country. Anyone interesting in making this easier is up to something and I dont trust them.
Next we will build highways for them with no border checks so they can just come in.
Oh thats right we have the plans to do that already sorry I forgot.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:10 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Default Go Obama!!! Now THIS is the kind of Change I voted for!!!

Yep, just what we need right now - a protectionist trade-war. Real smart.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Yep, just what we need right now - a protectionist trade-war. Real smart.

Are you serious? Have you not been listening to the news lately? The Mexican war is spilling over into the United States. So if he don't protect the boarders by putting a hold to the trucks crossing and things get worst you'll be B'tching. Which one is it? He's protecting our boarders and the American People to try and put a stop to the flow before it gets any worse.

Dang, .

Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Um why are other countries trucks coming into our country. Anyone interesting in making this easier is up to something and I dont trust them.
Next we will build highways for them with no border checks so they can just come in.
Oh thats right we have the plans to do that already sorry I forgot.

Yeah? Where?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
so i take it you weren't invested in 2008 either? Thats when the stock market tanked not 2009...
Nope not in 2008 either. Yep I was one of the smart ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections