Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,489,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
More remedial education for wingnuts. Which was more important in causing this crisis:

a) A slight uptick in mortgage defaults due to subprime mortgages and a drop in the $20 trillion real estate market

b) The complete failure and almost total disappearance of the completely unregulated $70 trillion secondary derivative market

I'll give you a few minutes to look up any words you don't understand. Unfortunately, you will probably spend the time looking up more stupid wingnut talking points.

After using big words, and seeing through it all, since you are so economically in tune, who do you blame? An honest answer would help retain personal dignity.

When banks were encouraged ( through Democratic legislation ) to lend money to risky buyers, they made a lot of quick money ... and they knew it would eventually burst.

Now, as taxpayers, we own the toxic assets that irresponsible people couldn't make good on.

It didn't have to happen in the first place.

Secondary derivative market my butt. The Congresspeople you voted for caused this crap. In the end, you are responsible for this social meltdown.

I know you will keep voting for Democrats. Everytime they fail ... you can blame Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 07:34 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,587,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm confused, we were close to a meltdown under Bush, but we didnt have one. Are you now crediting Bush with saving us from a total Depression?
You're high -right??? Credit Bush for preventing a meltdown????

Give me and the entire country a break...

Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,587,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
After using big words, and seeing through it all, since you are so economically in tune, who do you blame? An honest answer would help retain personal dignity.

When banks were encouraged ( through Democratic legislation ) to lend money to risky buyers, they made a lot of quick money ... and they knew it would eventually burst.

Now, as taxpayers, we own the toxic assets that irresponsible people couldn't make good on.

It didn't have to happen in the first place.

Secondary derivative market my butt. The Congresspeople you voted for caused this crap. In the end, you are responsible for this social meltdown.

I know you will keep voting for Democrats. Everytime they fail ... you can blame Bush.
Very very simple thinking...

Democrats ... bad.

Republicans ... good..

Good grief!

Old 03-28-2009, 08:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post

It was a retorical question, I didnt for a second think that you'd make sense in one of your postings. Blame Bush for causing a global meltdown, depression, and then credit Obama for stopping it, even though none of his programs have been put into place.

Please stop embarassing yourself.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:48 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,619,690 times
Quote:
It was a retorical question, I didnt for a second think that you'd make sense in one of your postings. Blame Bush for causing a global meltdown, depression, and then credit Obama for stopping it, even though none of his programs have been put into place.

Please stop embarassing yourself.
You're the one who is embarassing yourself...

MrBob made plenty of sense in this post - the Frontline program that he found is very informative, compelling journalism... maybe you should stop complaining and watch it - maybe you'll finally learn something...

Stop blindly sticking up for Bush and attacking Obama - and maybe, just maybe, you might find one person on this forum who would take you seriously...

Old 03-29-2009, 12:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,795,638 times
Quote:
I'm confused, we were close to a meltdown under Bush, but we didnt have one. Are you now crediting Bush with saving us from a total Depression?
It sounds that way -- we're 4 months post Bush and still no depression, no meltdown yet. I believe we're moving fast in that direction however.

It looks like we're in wild bailout mode -- and when the first round of trillions of dollars doesn't save the poorly run banks and corporations, there will be more trillions of dollars added to the debt and at some point it will all break down. Adding huge debt to get out of debt never works.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,983,083 times
The rality is that Bushes stepping in ha saved it. Since then not much as coourred that has made much difefrence altho Billions more have been spent. It is easy to see if those extra billions don't work we are in for a time that may mean the depression was eaily solced in comparison;besides the effects that will come even with success becuase of the borrowing. that will come later; becuase we wil have to pay it back.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:51 AM

707 posts, read 1,024,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It sounds that way -- we're 4 months post Bush and still no depression, no meltdown yet. I believe we're moving fast in that direction however.

It looks like we're in wild bailout mode -- and when the first round of trillions of dollars doesn't save the poorly run banks and corporations, there will be more trillions of dollars added to the debt and at some point it will all break down. Adding huge debt to get out of debt never works.

if you take a real good luck at the Republican party blue print (without numbers of course) These very same banks will be well taken care of. Incentive to to renegotiate mortgages and a portion of a house increase in value.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
You're the one who is embarassing yourself...

MrBob made plenty of sense in this post - the Frontline program that he found is very informative, compelling journalism... maybe you should stop complaining and watch it - maybe you'll finally learn something...

Stop blindly sticking up for Bush and attacking Obama - and maybe, just maybe, you might find one person on this forum who would take you seriously...
Actually no he didnt because you cant go out and proclaim how close to a meltdown we were without figuring out why we did not have one. Since Obama has just became president, you cant posibly be proclaiming that he's to credit for the "saving" us from the depression. His plans and programs are just proposals and just now beginning to be funded. He has not spent anything yet.

Which leaves WHO stopped the depression from taking place?

You cant have it both ways, you cant proclaim the country was on the verge of a meltdown due to Bush, and then claim Obama "saved" us since he hasnt had enough time to put his programs into place.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,042,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post

Well, in his defense, Bush did help the Democrats get their TARP through, and also pushed for the Democrats' corporate bailout of the big 3. And considering that Obama did the exact same thing when he took office, you should give Bush some credit for starting the trend.

You should also thank him for this mess, because if the recession had not occurred under Bush, no one in America would have gone along with the corporate bailouts Democrats constantly shove down our throats, nor the $1.2+ trillion that Democrats insist will repay themselves overnight with no long term repercussions.

Essentially, Bush has become an unlimited use 'get out of jail free' card for the Democrats. They can push any agenda they want, so long as they blame Bush for whatever goes wrong with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections