Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:47 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,302 times

Advertisements

For all on this forum who pooo-pooo the depth of the economic disaster that happened in the US, and globally, during George Bush's administration, please watch the broadcast on this link - and thank your lucky stars that the financial system meltdown that we were faced with was averted - or we would all be talking about the Second Great Depression about right now...

After you watch it - let me know what you think.. Do you realize how desperate the situation was ? Do you realize that we are still not out of the woods yet???

Do your realize this is the first time in most of our lifetimes that anyone has credibly mentioned 'depression' as a possible outcome???

FRONTLINE: inside the meltdown: watch the full program | PBS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
So what's Obama doing to fix it? Spending trillions more non-existent dollars, to raise the debt to incredible new levels. Promising to give citizenship to the cheap labor illegals and have them bring in their long lost families -- that will be a massive run for the border that will knock your socks off.

Obama is using taxpayers money to bailout banks and corporations that should be allowed to fall -- but instead he's going to relieve them of their toxic bad debts and give all that to taxpayers who had no part in all this.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,945 times
I watched this Frontline program before.

It is a very sobering, and downright frightening, program...

It points out just how close to the Second Great Depression this nation actually came - and it points out that the end is not yet totally in site to this economic disaster we are in...

I would venture to bet that the OP will get very few responses to this thread - because this forum seems to be ruled by party ideologues - and those who only know how to play 'gotcha' debating... Rational intelligent debate seems to have left the party long ago - most on this forum only attack opinions that are not in lockstep with their own.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong - but give it only the tiniest of chances...

In spite of that - Great Post MrBob!!!

You have, for a very short while, resurrected this forum from the sewer...

Old 03-28-2009, 12:17 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Keep in mind that even after all this, NObama still spent over $300 million to become the next President, so he knew he was going to have to deal with it.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:17 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
[quote=mrbob;8081141]For all on this forum who pooo-pooo the depth of the economic disaster that happened in the US, and globally, during George Bush's administration, please watch the broadcast on this link - and thank your lucky stars that the financial system meltdown that we were faced with was averted - or we would all be talking about the Second Great Depression about right now...

After you watch it - let me know what you think.. Do you realize how desperate the situation was ? Do you realize that we are still not out of the woods yet???

Do your realize this is the first time in most of our lifetimes that anyone has credibly mentioned 'depression' as a possible outcome???

Quote:
For all on this forum who pooo-pooo the depth of the economic disaster that happened in the US, and globally, during George Bush's administration.
Look, you challenged person,

The economy tanked because of a Democratic Congress .... forcing banks to accept loans from people that didn't work.

Blame Bush as much as you want, but it is your kind that FPcked America.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
[quote=HubbleRules;8081700]I watched this Frontline program before.

QUOTE]

This one hadn't been shown before ...

I thought it was concise and fair. What makes me crazy is that there is no opposition to all this deficit building from the Republican party. They got nuthin'. It's bizarro Wonderboy/President Cheney.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:07 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,302 times
[quote=domergurl;8084098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I watched this Frontline program before.

QUOTE]

This one hadn't been shown before ...
Yes it has. This one has been online since Feb 17th - I watch them online all the time... here's the link to the episodes you can watch:

FRONTLINE: video: watch full programs online | PBS

Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
For all on this forum who pooo-pooo the depth of the economic disaster that happened in the US, and globally, during George Bush's administration, please watch the broadcast on this link - and thank your lucky stars that the financial system meltdown that we were faced with was averted - or we would all be talking about the Second Great Depression about right now...

I'm confused, we were close to a meltdown under Bush, but we didnt have one. Are you now crediting Bush with saving us from a total Depression?

Old 03-28-2009, 05:42 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,850 times
[quote=Yooperkat;8083276]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post

The economy tanked because of a Democratic Congress .... forcing banks to accept loans from people that didn't work.

There's that twisting of truth again..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:06 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

More remedial education for wingnuts. Which was more important in causing this crisis:

a) A slight uptick in mortgage defaults due to subprime mortgages and a drop in the $20 trillion real estate market

b) The complete failure and almost total disappearance of the completely unregulated $70 trillion secondary derivative market

I'll give you a few minutes to look up any words you don't understand. Unfortunately, you will probably spend the time looking up more stupid wingnut talking points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections