Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Well they launched their rocket so know what?

Bush failed on his North Korea test and Obama has as well. So how far are we going to let North Korea and Iran get before we actually do more than talk?
N. Korea launches rocket, defying world pressure (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_nkorea_missile - broken link)
What gives this nation the right to tell others what rockets they can launch, or what missiles they can build?

We invaded a nation and still occupy it, when it did nothing to us. Most of the world rightfully hates us, and we have no right to tell ANY nation, not even North Korea, that they are a "threat" when we use our military to kill thousands of innocent people.

The real question you should ask yourself is: Will Americans ever wake up to this harsh reality that the rest of the world is well aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 03:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Bush threatened war.
Obama is offering friendship and cookies.
I'm thinking the war threat might work better......time will tell.
Those who clamor for war, from now on, should either volunteer to fight it, or volunteer their family members. This would drastically reduce the number of people clamoring for war

Old 04-05-2009, 03:21 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Listen carefully. The previous adminstration were War Mongers, their first and final solution to all was 'lets going to war'....If Bush/Cheney were still in the WH, we'd be at war with Iran and probably be preparing for another in NK...
The Clinton administration sent U.S. troops to more foreign countries than the Bush administration did. Was the Clinton administration "war-mongers," too?

Old 04-05-2009, 03:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I think this desire to always show "strength" in a very outdated machismo way to other countries is what got us into the mess we're in and is not the solution.

If that rocket was not a direct threat against the U.S., what grounds do we have to force them?

Why is it so difficult to accept that he is building a coalition of support to deal with any potential threat with diplomacy and collaboration?

Only children solve their problems by fighting. Adults talk through them.

Another well played hand by Mr. Obama.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:38 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The first link is a year old, not sure what point you were trying to make with that one, but I did also read the second one a short time ago. The issue though, is what did Obama do to stop the missle launch? What is/was going to be discussed? They could in theory talk about what type of donuts they eat in North Korea and it would be correct.

I'm not being criticial of Obama over this, he just became president, not like we needed another international incident, but knowing where he stood on the issue would be nice. Is he going to welcome North Korea like he's welcomed the taliban or will he hold a hardline approach? Dont know...
What do you suggest?

Old 04-05-2009, 03:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What do you suggest?
I would suggest for Obama that as of now, he pretty much let the missle go off.. But I really think he needs to be much clearer on where he stands on the issue. His "reaching out to the talibans" could be viewed internationally as the US being weak, willing to cave, allow international countries to build up their weapons etc.

My conserns isnt so much in his lack of actions, its in his lack of words on the issue..

Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The Clinton administration sent U.S. troops to more foreign countries than the Bush administration did. Was the Clinton administration "war-mongers," too?
Excuse me, what war did Clinton start that cost so many American lives, and on baseless claims at that?? Please refresh my memory..

Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Listen carefully.. You very CLEARLY called ME a war monger, I was not part of the previous administration. Now, go back and try again... this time, try to post something factual. Your now saying that Bush would have started a war with Iran if he was president? Wait.. he had 8 years to do so.. please.. your hatred is getting the better of you...
My hatred is getting the best of me now? Interesting observation....You haven't denied being a war monger?? You certainly seem, through your posts, to be very supportive of war mongering policies but to each his own...I call it like I see, and if you or others have a problems with that, then umm to bad.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
My hatred is getting the best of me now? Interesting observation....You haven't denied being a war monger?? You certainly seem, through your posts, to be very supportive of war mongering policies but to each his own...I call it like I see, and if you or others have a problems with that, then umm to bad.
Obviously you havent read my threads very closely then because I very rarely post in regards to "war" issues, most of my postings involve financals because thats what I'm knowledgable in.

On this very same thread I have supported Obamas lack of action but criticized his lack of WORDS, so you need to go back through and reflect your "war monger" attacks towards someone else, its not working on me

Old 04-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Excuse me, what war did Clinton start that cost so many American lives, and on baseless claims at that?? Please refresh my memory..
If memory services me, Clinton attacked Sudan, Yougoslavia, Serbia, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and if I recall, Iraq

and lets not even discuss the one in Waco on american soil..

Last edited by pghquest; 04-05-2009 at 04:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections