Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 06:01 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,988 times

Advertisements

Obama gives me hope for the future. I'm not sure if Jesus ever existed. In 50 years after Obama's death will we have Barackians opposing Christians?

Old 12-25-2008, 06:03 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Obama gives me hope for the future. I'm not sure if Jesus ever existed. In 50 years after Obama's death will we have Barackians opposing Christians?
Since Obama is a Devout Christian and many of his followers are also his presideny will only help to solidify the Christian faith.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Since Obama is a Devout Christian and many of his followers are also his presideny will only help to solidify the Christian faith.

Wasn't Jesus jewish and we saw what happen there.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Wasn't Jesus jewish and we saw what happen there.
And Christians are the followers of Christ. While you may not believe many Obama supporters do and there is no reason to believe we would clash with we today or tomorrow. It is not either or as your thread title suggest. Just read other threads that thank God for Obama. Your beliefs are your beliefs and they will take you down a path. If that is not the same path that Christians walk down the so be it. however don't take Obama down that path when he seeks to walk with Christ.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And Christians are the followers of Christ. While you may not believe many Obama supporters do and there is no reason to believe we would clash with we today or tomorrow. It is not either or as your thread title suggest. Just read other threads that thank God for Obama. Your beliefs are your beliefs and they will take you down a path. If that is not the same path that Christians walk down the so be it. however don't take Obama down that path when he seeks to walk with Christ.

The dead doesn't walk. Obama will be the leader of my new religion.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
The dead doesn't walk. Obama will be the leader of my new religion.
You may worship him but will he accept you? Will he embrace your religion or call it false and offer you the opportunity for redemption. Will you accept since you call him your leader or will you be a false follower?

Old 12-25-2008, 06:33 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,575 times
In a way, I see where you're coming from for sure. Republicans have been bashing us over and over saying that we see Barack as the "messiah" which I think is a crock of s*** but maybe they say it enough that we're starting to believe it. And now I'm really starting to wonder in a way about this. No one thought Jesus was the messiah, as evidenced by the fact that he was crucified, only the small group who eventually became Catholic believed him. If you're a religious person it may not be hard to believe that another messiah may someday come and if he did he wouldn't be immediately known and many people would oppose him. Fortunately, I'm not a religious person and I think Jesus was simply a historical figure with many great messages. However, it is very easy to draw parallels between Barack and Jesus in the same way it is easy to draw parallels between the Iraq War and the Vietnam War, and between the Holocaust and the Rape of Nanking.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
As a god unfearing atheist, Obama can never be Jesus, a messiah, or a savior of any sort theological sort. He may be able to cure the country of some of its woes, but he still won't be able to cure cancer, raise the dead, part the Red Sea, although he might start a burning Bush or two.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:50 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Jesus vs Obama?

Hmmmmmm....

I say Jesus by 4.

LOL

Ken

Old 12-25-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
As a god unfearing atheist, Obama can never be Jesus, a messiah, or a savior of any sort theological sort. He may be able to cure the country of some of its woes, but he still won't be able to cure cancer, raise the dead, part the Red Sea, although he might start a burning Bush or two.

Lol, if I write it, they will believe it

(Bible)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections