Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,485,092 times

Advertisements

Liberals Voice Concerns About Obama.

"Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He's hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he's stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.

Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss."

Liberals voice concerns about Obama - Carol E. Lee and Nia-Malika Henderson - Politico.com

Is anyone on the left getting angry about broken promises? Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 PM

11,359 posts, read 16,727,044 times
Same ole, same ole.

Where's the change?

Old 05-15-2009, 08:42 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Not angry, mildly disappointed.

I knew he was medicore at best on important principles like the Rule of Law and Civil Liberties. His number one priority is to not upset the status quo.

He was 5th on my list of Dem candidates during the Primary. He NEVER sticks his neck out for what is right.

But it goes without saying the guy is a huge improvement over any GOP alternative.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Not angry, mildly disappointed.

I knew he was medicore at best on important principles like the Rule of Law and Civil Liberties. His number one priority is to not upset the status quo.

He was 5th on my list of Dem candidates during the Primary. He NEVER sticks his neck out for what is right.

But it goes without saying the guy is a huge improvement over any GOP alternative.
That isn't saying much though is it?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,319,897 times
Can anyone name on promise he has kept?

Where is the change at?

All I see is the economy becoming worse and no new jobs yet like he promised.

Remember he said he would create 3 million new green jobs. Not one new job anywhere in any category.

Yes I can is now, ooops no I can't.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:28 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Can anyone name on promise he has kept?

Where is the change at?

All I see is the economy becoming worse and no new jobs yet like he promised.

Remember he said he would create 3 million new green jobs. Not one new job anywhere in any category.

Yes I can is now, ooops no I can't.
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Kept

Old 05-16-2009, 06:34 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Nice catch....maybe the person who asked "can anyone name a promise he has kept?" ...will have the character to recognize your reply??

Old 05-16-2009, 09:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Even those of us on the Conservative side are getting upset with Obama being too much like Bush.

The wars in the Middle East -- they shouldn't drag on forever and some of us thought at least Obama would stop sending Americans over there to do the nation building those people of those countries won't do......but more than ever are being deployed.

Some of us had some hopes that Obama really meant it about jobs for Americans and would toss out the Clinton-NAFTA program but he's turning out to be another globalist working for the big multi-national corporations. He keeps promising La Raza and the CEO's of his corporations he's going to do some big amnesty that will have the even cheaper labor pouring in over the borders.

Where's the change!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:59 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,481,937 times
So much angst after barely 100 days in office..First he was suppose to focus solely on the economy, but now all of a sudden he should have fixed everything in 3 months. It's a reason Presidential terms are 4 years not 100 days. Things take time. It took Bush years to completely destroy this country and it'll take Obama years to fix it.

To answer the question, I have no concerns..I never thought Obama would do everything I personally wanted him to do and I figured some of his promises would be modified once he took office and could take a macro look at the situation from the inside. Obama is thankfully a pragmatist and not an ideolog like Dubya. I think he's doing fine. Only ideologs on either side are "concerned".

Old 05-16-2009, 12:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,319,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So much angst after barely 100 days in office..First he was suppose to focus solely on the economy, but now all of a sudden he should have fixed everything in 3 months. It's a reason Presidential terms are 4 years not 100 days. Things take time. It took Bush years to completely destroy this country and it'll take Obama years to fix it.

To answer the question, I have no concerns..I never thought Obama would do everything I personally wanted him to do and I figured some of his promises would be modified once he took office and could take a macro look at the situation from the inside. Obama is thankfully a pragmatist and not an ideolog like Dubya. I think he's doing fine. Only ideologs on either side are "concerned".
Destroy it?
I think you have your facts screwed up.
If you are talking the economy, the it rolling along very well until Nancy & Co took over in 2007. Look at the numbers.
Obama wont fix anything, he does not have the skills or not brains to fix anything. How can one fix something if he lives in a tunnel like Obama does.

Funny to hear libs talk. When Bush took over in 2001 anything that happened the first week you people were all over him. A year later same ole liberal thing of attacking. Then when reps mentioned give him time you all said no he is running the show and should have had it fixed already.
Now it is different.

Then when the rep blamed Clinton for anything after Bush took office the libs excuse what Clinton is in the past and had nothing to do with it.

Now the shoe is on the other foot it is different.

Typical liberals, two faced and what was good for me is not good for you mentality.

Obama has done more to destroy what America is all about in 110 days then Bush did in 8 years.

Bowing and sucking up to a Saudi Prince is just the start. What a moron to bow down to a prince when he is suppose to be the most powerful man in the world. Maybe he lacks confidence in himself or feels he is a lower life then a prince. Maybe that is it.

Give him time. The ammo will be handed to us almost daily with this idiot.

4 years from now you robots will still be blaming Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections