Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
He is already not living up to the promises....but his followers still follow him.

As to 2012,you think some other Dem contender would dare run against him as sitting POTUS?
Explain to me how he has not lived up to the promises, because in the first few months he was in office, he came through on several very quickly that I was waiting for.

So? I'm not going to vote for someone I don't support. If he does not live up to my expectations, I will not vote for him again, simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
My my my. It looks llike hussein obama is a warmonger, just like Bush, huh! What's a liberal to do?
Oh wow, look what you did, calling him Hussein! Like Saddam! I get it! That's original!!!!!

(Hate to break it to you, but he has always said we were going to shift over to Afghanistan - which is where we should have been focusing our troops in the first place, IMO)

Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Explain to me how he has not lived up to the promises, because in the first few months he was in office, he came through on several very quickly that I was waiting for.

So? I'm not going to vote for someone I don't support. If he does not live up to my expectations, I will not vote for him again, simple as that.
He promised those who support him everything under the sun....I personally do not have the energy or interest to go through and find his broken promises(although detention without trial comes to mind).

If you do not vote for Obama,who will you vote for,the Repub candidate?

Old 05-27-2009, 08:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Uh oh......

THAT is going to require a lot of spin and backpedaling by his adoring supporters.

WHY? Because we might actually prepare for any possibility?

No where does it say we're going to stay a decade.

The ONLY spin going on here are the NeoConfused trying to create an issue where none exists. The bright side is soon they'll get dizzy and fall down

Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
He promised those who support him everything under the sun....I personally do not have the energy or interest to go through and find his broken promises(although detention without trial comes to mind).

If you do not vote for Obama,who will you vote for,the Repub candidate?
Detention without trial has not happened, it is simply something that was spoken about as a hypothetical (as are the scenarios in the linked article), and I will absolutely 100% not agree with that if it happens.

I will vote for the best candidate. There are other parties besides D/R as well. If a moderate Republican ran, I'd consider voting for them, yes.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHY? Because we might actually prepare for any possibility?

No where does it say we're going to stay a decade.

The ONLY spin going on here are the NeoConfused trying to create an issue where none exists. The bright side is soon they'll get dizzy and fall down
Could you provide where Obama stated the possibility of US troops remaining in Iraq for decades BEFORE he was elected?

Thanks.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Could you provide where Obama stated the possibility of US troops remaining in Iraq for decades BEFORE he was elected?

Thanks.
Decades? The linked article suggests a possibility of 10 units staying for 10 years.

Also, he never stated that every single last troop would be removed.

If a threat to the US emerged from Iraq suddenly, you'd say he should pull all troops out regardless simply because that was his campaign promise?

There is always a .00001% possibility. And you judge his actions based on the task at hand and make the decision for yourself.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 AM

Seems the left didn't feel this way when that other guy was in office...or when McSame was running...

Weird.

To add,you know those few thousand troops in the Balkans(probably not),well anyway that was a ONE year deployment.....back in the late 1990's...

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
My my my. It looks llike hussein obama is a warmonger, just like Bush, huh! What's a liberal to do?

try reading the article.

Here is the exact statement from his campaign website:

Quote:
Barack Obama's policy for bringing U.S. troops home from Iraq as stated on his Web site:

"Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections